Fake movements

A place to discuss anything.
Snopyman

Look at these artificial movements on the graphics in one second of movement 10+ ticks seem like artificial to me because there was no backing activity on the other horses ...

123.png

What I'm interested in is what causes these large movements, whether it's a price correction? because no backing activity on other horses..

I noticed that when when the volume drops, there is a sudden shift upwards to collect as many backers as possible is this betfair bots or something?

How to recognize this and not be on the wrong side of the market? :(

Cheers :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JP Esq

Whenever you see a movement like that in any market, not just Betfair, its a sign of "fraud." However, that doesnt necessarily mean anything nefarious. "Fraud" in terms of "not natural." Clearly evidence of automation and is probably at quiet times (the volume is tiny in those specific areas.)
Euler

You need to use the Bet Angel Advanced charting really, as Betfair charts are formed incorrectly. When a price takes out a couple of ticks the Betfair charts freak out, and they are not linear either. So other than that, they are perfect for understanding sharp movements :lol:

I think you need to start there.
Snopyman

Euler wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:45 pm
You need to use the Bet Angel Advanced charting really, as Betfair charts are formed incorrectly. When a price takes out a couple of ticks the Betfair charts freak out, and they are not linear either. So other than that, they are perfect for understanding sharp movements :lol:

I think you need to start there.
Thanks for the tips Euler, I already use advanced.

Although I think that in the future I'll go all the way to advanced charts, betfairs are useless... ;)
Euler

If you use advanced charts with some of the other data, it's much easier to understand what caused a price to move. I.e. was it a large back or lay, repeat orders and so on.
Euler

Here is a good example from a market I just traded.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General discussion”