Rugby World Cup 2023

For men with odd shaped balls.
Archangel

Looking forward to this as a fan and a spectacle. Never traded Rugby

The favs being, New Zealand, France, South Africa, Ireland
Dallas

Never traded it either but looking forward to watching a few of the matches, although of the two I've always leaned more towards Rugby league
andy28

Very lopsided draw top 5 countries, Ireland, SA, France, NZL, Scotland are all in pool A & B so only one can progress thru to the final They will most likely meet Fiji, England, Wales or Australia in final. I would back Fiji to go along way
sionascaig

Traded a few 6 nations matches this year and wasn't a lot of money floating around. That said if you have a fast feed there could be some opportunities.. The money that was there tended to be very gappy, so gives you a good idea where the bigger players think value is and some opportunity to get matched on both sides of the book.

I remember there being rugby in some Olympic games years ago (think it was Brazil) and it was possible to sweep up money just before a score even with the huge pic delay on BBC...

==> suspect no big players kicking about with sophisticated setups so maybe more opportunity than other sports albeit not much money either...

Archangel

Great opening game tonight, France v New Zealand
BFDon

sionascaig wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:17 am
Traded a few 6 nations matches this year and wasn't a lot of money floating around.
Yeah rugby has been on the decline on BF (especially inplay). Could usually rely on the Internationals to provide half decent liquidity but even the Six Nations is quite thin now. Hopefully the World Cup is a different story but i'm not hopeful...
Archangel

andy28 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:36 am
Very lopsided draw top 5 countries, Ireland, SA, France, NZL, Scotland are all in pool A & B so only one can progress thru to the final They will most likely meet Fiji, England, Wales or Australia in final. I would back Fiji to go along way
Makes a bit of a mockery of the world rankings the way they have grouped this
Archangel

Looks like there will be some liquidity in this game
sionascaig

Archangel wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:44 pm
Looks like there will be some liquidity in this game
yeah - a bit surprised here... wonder what it will be like in-play..
Archangel

It's pretty amazing the respect Rugby players show the officials compared to football players
andy28

I think rugby is untradeable because of the video ref. Too many times you see a try awarded and the VR goes back to look for something to not award the try. With BF not suspending the match and the Kicker about to take the kick and then the dreaded double blast on the whistle how could you trade it? Even if you are there and see a try how certain would you be to place a large bet with the risk still high of it getting chalked off. You could dig yourself a very deep hole very quickly if 2-3 decisions go against you
sionascaig

andy28 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:54 pm
I think rugby is untradeable because of the video ref. Too many times you see a try awarded and the VR goes back to look for something to not award the try. With BF not suspending the match and the Kicker about to take the kick and then the dreaded double blast on the whistle how could you trade it? Even if you are there and see a try how certain would you be to place a large bet with the risk still high of it getting chalked off. You could dig yourself a very deep hole very quickly if 2-3 decisions go against you
I prefer it. It seems more natural and really isn't all that different from cricket (no suspensions).

Would prefer no VAR suspensions in football too.

There are so so many things the ref could penalise (both teams at the same time), especially in scrums, they have to find a good balance between when to blow the whistle and allowing the game to carry on and in general are very good at it.
Archangel

Pools
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Just looked at"Sport on TV" expecting diddly squat.

Rugby all day, League 2 footy if you fancy it and World Superbike French round, Tour of Britain cycling. I'm now happy! :-) Although I have several dilemmas about which to watch as they clash, but hey, I'll cope.
One things for certain I ain't going out today, it's hot and sticky and I've had several hours walking through that over this week and I've had enough.
greenmark

Namibia is in Africa, right?

Return to “Rugby”