Why would my account have been closed?

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
ShaunWhite

ija34 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:01 pm
Contacted them again. They just said they've escalated it again so guess I will contact them tomorrow :lol:
It's best to write your own description of the issue and paste it in for them to raise. That way you know nothing is lost in interpretation. Tbh they're thankful to not to have to write it up. Nothing worse than finally getting an answer for a question you didn't ask.
ija34

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:57 pm
ija34 wrote:
Contacted them again. They just said they've escalated it again so guess I will contact them tomorrow :lol:
It's best to write your own description of the issue and paste it in for them to raise. That way you know nothing is lost in interpretation. Tbh they're thankful to not to have to write it up. Nothing worse than finally getting an answer for a question you didn't ask.
Already explained what happened and told them I've been speaking to others that have had the same issue. They just said we see the issue has been escalated already so we will escalate it again. Apologies for the time it's taking.
ija34

What the actual F***. Just contacted again and he said I'll take a look and get back in 5-10 minutes. Comes back and says I've reopened the account, apologies for any inconvenience. If they could do that why did the other 2 try fobbing me off to "another department" :|
Derek27

ija34 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:48 pm
What the actual F***. Just contacted again and he said I'll take a look and get back in 5-10 minutes. Comes back and says I've reopened the account, apologies for any inconvenience. If they could do that why did the other 2 try fobbing me off to "another department" :|
I've had the same problem twice. Even when I was unable to use my account because a hacker was constantly trying to break in, one idiot told me they can't open another account (effectively meaning I have to give up trading), but the next gave me another account!
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
ija34 wrote:
There you are. It's not just me, even when Bumfair get something right it makes people angry with all the bums that escalated the matter to the mythical department that gets back to customers. :lol:
ija34

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:01 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
ija34 wrote:
There you are. It's not just me, even when Bumfair get something right it makes people angry with all the bums that escalated the matter to the mythical department that gets back to customers. :lol:
I think they clearly couldn't be bothered to do anything about it so you just have to keep trying to get through to someone that will actually sort it for you.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:59 pm
I've had the same problem twice.
Next time it happens try doing this sketch, if you remember it :) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNoS2BU6bbQ
Derek27

ija34 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:09 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:01 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

I think they clearly couldn't be bothered to do anything about it so you just have to keep trying to get through to someone that will actually sort it for you.
I don't think it's a case of not being bothered but very poor training. I would imagine they get a day's training, half-an-hour will be exchange-based and the rest is health and safety. Then they just learn on the job. I'd expect better from somebody who's had a whole hour of training.

Return to “Betfair exchange”