Turning a b/e betting-strategy into a profitable trading strategy

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Kai

JohnT I would seriously consider spending less time on Youtube and more time in the market, you will learn a lot more.

There are a lot of trading concepts that may seem too abstract at first but will eventually start making sense, and there is plenty of tacit/implied knowledge thrown around that is difficult to express and even harder to teach, so you're not going to simply find a strategy that you can apply right away for instant success.

And I would drop the resentment too, anyone that has found success most definitely earned and deserved it.
to75ne

Euler wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:22 pm
I'm currently categorising all the videos to put into playlists. But it's a mighty task and one that's very difficult given how little time I have on a daily basis. But that should help.
[/quote]

why bother, searching your channel does not appear to be too difficult.

anyone who cant be asked to or are incapable of searching it, will probably not succeed in trading any sport no matter what videos you produce or how many.
JohnT

Kai wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:56 pm
JohnT I would seriously consider spending less time on Youtube and more time in the market, you will learn a lot more.

There are a lot of trading concepts that may seem too abstract at first but will eventually start making sense, and there is plenty of tacit/implied knowledge thrown around that is difficult to express and even harder to teach, so you're not going to simply find a strategy that you can apply right away for instant success.

And I would drop the resentment too, anyone that has found success most definitely earned and deserved it.
Thank you for the advise. I've been a professional gambler for well over 30 years and I'm thinking more in terms of selling up and retiring than learning new tricks.

I thought Euler would jump at the chance to show off his talents but perhaps his talents are not quite what he's made them out to be.

Bit like Uri Geller--could bend hundreds of his own spoons but always found an excuse to not try when the spoon came from someone else's pocket.
Derek27

JohnT wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:13 pm
Kai wrote:

Thank you for the advise. I've been a professional gambler for well over 30 years and I'm thinking more in terms of selling up and retiring than learning new tricks.

I thought Euler would jump at the chance to show off his talents but perhaps his talents are not quite what he's made them out to be.

Bit like Uri Geller--could bend hundreds of his own spoons but always found an excuse to not try when the spoon came from someone else's pocket.
The only people who jump at the chance to show off their talents are the ones that don't have any talent!

People who make money trading just get on with the job and help others out when they can. It's not a show or contest for showing off talent.
Kai

JohnT wrote:
Kai wrote:

No worries!

And good luck with the ego baiting, that's an interesting strategy as well, might even use that myself sometime :D
ShaunWhite

JohnT wrote:

There's no doubt he's the real deal John. 'Showing off' isn't really something everyone finds necessary even though quite common in the gambling world for some reason. In fact in my experience showing off talants and having talent often don't tally.
JohnT

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:27 pm
JohnT wrote:

There's no doubt he's the real deal John. 'Showing off' isn't really something everyone finds necessary even though quite common in the gambling world for some reason. In fact in my experience showing off talants and having talent often don't tally.
I have no doubt that he's made money trading in the past but it doesn't mean that he could make a meaningful amount today.

I think in one of my previous posts on this site I mentioned that I made about £100K trading horses on Betfair in 2001 and by 2002 the amount I could win had dropped so much that I packed it in.
Derek27

JohnT wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:36 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:27 pm
JohnT wrote:

I have no doubt that he's made money trading in the past but it doesn't mean that he could make a meaningful amount today.

I think in one of my previous posts on this site I mentioned that I made about £100K trading horses on Betfair in 2001 and by 2002 the amount I could win had dropped so much that I packed it in.
Sony made millions selling VCRs in the 1980s. They could have packed it in when the VCR declined, but instead they moved on to DVDs. :)
Euler

JohnT wrote:
I've slogged away for over twenty years to be the best I can and yes, I'm still here doing and it's much better than most people can imagine. I know that's tough for some people to take, but I just treated trading like a job and work bloody hard at it. Not sure how you think saying that is going to help you. Still going strong: -

https://youtu.be/cuchsPbaNT0
Euler

It's just dawned on me JohnT who you are.

I'm sorry Betfair closed your account and I know you are pissed off, but don't take it out on us. If you feel really strongly about it, you should push back on Betfair. Not a community that is try to help and hates these stupid affordability issues as much as you.
JohnT

I think this proves that my account is not closed.

Commission & charges from last week

September 25th, 2023 - October 1st, 2023

Gross profit & loss

£-2,686.4

Commission

Other charges

Total charges (0%)

£89.21

+
£0

=

£89.21

This week’s premium charge prior to allowance deduction

Available allowance

Premium charge this week

Your remaining allowance is

£0

-

£0

=

£0

£0
jimibt

this is a funny old thread!!
Euler

Somebody on YouTube with similar comments. Must be a coincidence then.

I've no idea why people think deliberately offending me is going to help them or motivate me to help them.
foxwood

The sad thing is that this was the OP's first post and from some initial advice the thread has descended into nonsense with no further advice.

Hope they are not put off and are brave enough to ask further questions - this is not the normal standard.

T for time waste or troll.
Euler

I agree, it hasn't helped the OP achieve anything and probably put them off asking any further questions. It may be time to lock the thread and get back to helping people.

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”