Turning a b/e betting-strategy into a profitable trading strategy

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Derek27

JohnT wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:58 pm
It would be helpful if there was a video explaining any strategy
with a list of events that this strategy is going to be used on
and then following up with videos showing all bets placed on those events.

There was a video one week into the us open where he claims
he made a profit by backing every outsider for £100.

Waits for the results and then comes out with a strategy to fit
and obviously there would have been no video if the results had been different.
Most, if not all manual strategies require the application of judgement. It's not a case of, if A then B else C. If such a strategy was given away it would no longer work because everybody who tries to use it would end up fighting over the same £50.
weemac

These videos are not some kind of tipping service, nor are they free money offers. They show you what type of thinking can lead to profits, but it's up to the individual to identify where and how to use that thinking in sports markets.

I've just opened 2 tennis markets completely at random which are in play now and still in the first set. Just look at the price swings - these moves happen in countless matches. By the end of the match they'll have gyrated all over the place. Anyone can plainly see that there are loads of opportunities to (for example) lay players at very short prices with very small risk to your bank and just sit and wait for something to change, presenting you with potential profit opportunities.

If backing Kypson at about evens (to win) is always a breakeven strategy, is anyone seriously suggesting they can't see any possible way of turning a profi, with relatively little risk, by trading price swings without caring two hoots who wins the match?

Peter makes videos to get people to think about ideas. The opportunities are there in front of your eyes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

weemac wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:08 am
Anyone can plainly see that there are loads of opportunities to (for example) lay players at very short prices with very small risk to your bank.
I don't think anyone is saying prices don't move, it's predicting it that's difficult. And more than that, it's predicting moves of a size up or down that don't correlate with the underlying probability. A low price on its own doesn't mean it's value nor where that price moves to.

It's only a small risk if you're risking a small amount, but if its a good risk/reward ratio than why bet small?
grimm

JohnT wrote:

There was a video one week into the us open where he claims
he made a profit by backing every outsider for £100.

Waits for the results and then comes out with a strategy to fit
and obviously there would have been no video if the results had been different.
if i hear him correct he said lay the favt. one more thing if you watch his video closely he normally lay the everything. majority here lay the favt in tennis as its still very profitable.
he mention football strategy before season kick off. he saved me 000s -back under2.5 goal market. then he upload video 2 or 3 days ago where he mention about same strategy and how its working out so far etc. you have not clue where to look and what to look.
hint
he give one more profitable strategy in last football video.listen last two min.
Kai

JohnT wrote:
You can't possibly expect someone to not only give you all the pieces to a particular puzzle but to put it together for you as well.

If you don't bother connecting any pieces the picture will look nothing like the one on the box.

ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:46 pm
You can't possibly expect someone to not only give you all the pieces to a particular puzzle but to put it together for you as well.
Tbf to the guy I don't think he's asking for handouts, just some clarity. And what's the point of postings if they're too vague to guide the intended audience, afterall it's not content aimed at our level so it's hardly their fault if they don't get anything from it or ask a question.
JohnT

Kai wrote:
JohnT wrote:

If you don't bother connecting any pieces the picture will look nothing like the one on the box.

There is an unlimited supply of videos of him showing various trading strategies.
And they all come with a profitable example.
We already have all the pieces to the puzzle but it would be nice to see a video of him using
these strategies under set conditions.

A new video has popped up on my you tube page showing a roulette system thanks to me
searching for betangel. This video has had over 54K views in 3 days.

Betangel videos now struggle to get 10% of what the roulette video got so perhaps it's time for a change of plan.

A video showing a full Saturday afternoon of horse race trading would bump up the numbers.
Derek27

JohnT wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:24 pm
Kai wrote:
JohnT wrote:

There is an unlimited supply of videos of him showing various trading strategies.
And they all come with a profitable example.
We already have all the pieces to the puzzle but it would be nice to see a video of him using
these strategies under set conditions.

A new video has popped up on my you tube page showing a roulette system thanks to me

Betangel videos now struggle to get 10% of what the roulette video got so perhaps it's time for a change of plan.

A video showing a full Saturday afternoon of horse race trading would bump up the numbers.
A video of Peter training two topless girls how to trade would bump up the numbers, but that's not what trading is about. :)

Get rich quick schemes tend to gravitate masses towards them, whereas the more serious videos will attract more down to earth people who realise it's a long road to success.
Euler

That shows how far out your thought process is. Betfair trading videos rank worst out of all videos. People just aren't searching for or viewing them, it's a very niche market.

But if I did how to win at roulette video, it would get tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of views. This is why you see people pushing clickbait betting videos. They get the views and line the pockets of creators. People make their main income from these types of videos. Some aspire to this sort of garbage.

I've posted hundreds of videos now, shown whole sequences of trades, profits, losses, strategies specific to certain markets, detailed instructions on specific situations. Money management, my p&l showing all the profits and losses, literally everything.

But seemingly, it's never enough for some.

I've had quite a few videos where people have left comments along the lines of 'Thanks for revealing my edge you tosser' and on the same video comments from people claiming it was total rubbish. When you see that, you realise why a market exists and why some people just can't see what's being said. I also realise, you just can't change that.

You have to realise all I can do is set you up with the right thought process, strategies, tactics all those things, but ultimately YOU have to press the button.

There is no a, b, c = profit solution. Trading is about what you choose to do within your tolerance to risk and what suits your temperament etc. I can't do that for you.
Euler

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:02 pm
Get rich quick schemes tend to gravitate masses towards them, whereas the more serious videos will attract more down to earth people who realise it's a long road to success.
Spot on, YouTube is now full of GRQ videos and sending people completely down the wrong path to make a few quid for the 'influencers'. It's an entertainment platform now, not an educational one.
Kai

JohnT wrote:

So you basically want the channel to produce less educational content and more sensationalist content, because I don't think you can get both on Youtube.
foxwood

JohnT wrote:
Why on earth should they care about the numbers - your example seems to me to show that 90% of punters are just that - only 10% have the sense to look at alternatives.

I would guess the cash benefit of any YT based income is the least of their concerns - published data shows significant and growing balances year on year for less than a handful of employees - very few private companies can either leave that amount of cash lying there like that or have the resources to temporarily fudge the numbers near the end of the accounting period.

I get the impression that you consider the videos too selective although I do get the point that it would be interesting to see more examples of what not to do and why rather than getting it right - I do recall years ago seeing quite a few BA videos that were like that though.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:08 pm
I've posted hundreds of videos now, .

I think it's the same curation problem as the forum. It's all there but it's probably spread across thousands of minutes. As you say pretty much anything people ask for, you've already done, it's just that they either haven't found it or haven't joined the dots.

... And that's where the masterclass comes in I guess. All killer no filler?
Euler

Top football betting videos today

See these 5 football strategies that really work
This #1 football strategy always beats the bookies
Under/Over football betting strategy to win repeatedly
The betting strategy to win - 2 proven prediction sites
What I use to win thousands from football betting

and so on..

The problem, none of these people have ever made any decent money betting on football. None.

Quality content now gets buried on YouTube within hours in the battle for eyes and there is no qualification criteria for claiming you are successful.
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:19 pm
Euler wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:08 pm
I've posted hundreds of videos now, .

I think it's the same curation problem as the forum. It's all there but it's probably spread across thousands of minutes. As you say pretty much anything people ask for, you've already done, it's just that they either haven't found it or haven't joined the dots.

... And that's where the masterclass comes in I guess. All killer no filler?
I'm currently categorising all the videos to put into playlists. But it's a mighty task and one that's very difficult given how little time I have on a daily basis. But that should help.

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”