TPD Windows 7 Connection Issues ?

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
sIGNAL

Ive got TPD running fine on my main PC. Ive tried setting it up on my Windows 7 Laptop which I also use BA on which runs fine.

Just TPD will not connect to the races on this Windows 7 laptop, in the connection settings its showing as not connected even though Ive put in the key and even trying to manually connect just before and during a race nothing is showing i those settings.

I have the £60 a month sub which allows me to run more than 3 devices across 2 IPS so its not that.

Anyone know of any issues with TPD on windows 7 ?
Dallas

BA now requires Windows 8.1 or higher, as of a few years ago MS have stopped rolling out updates and BF can no longer support it as it can't run there latest security protocols

Although some may be able to still login and use it there's no guarantee everything will work in it, and it may even freeze/crash
sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:48 pm
BA now requires Windows 8.1 or higher, as of a few years ago MS have stopped rolling out updates and BF can no longer support it as it can't run there latest security protocols

Although some may be able to still login and use it there's no guarantee everything will work in it, and it may even freeze/crash
Ah thats a pain. knew i needed to update it, just been putting it off as its going to have to be a complete wipe and reinstall.......

I wasnt sure if i had to reset my key for TPD incase its logged my 3 devices which Ive used to connect to it previsouly, so the laptop would of been a 4th and i wondered if that was causing the block.
Dallas

sIGNAL wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:55 pm
Dallas wrote:

Ah thats a pain. knew i needed to update it, just been putting it off as its going to have to be a complete wipe and reinstall.......

I wasnt sure if i had to reset my key for TPD incase its logged my 3 devices which Ive used to connect to it previsouly, so the laptop would of been a 4th and i wondered if that was causing the block.
It could well be that, and probably is

Just worth bearing in mind the full BF security isn't there on Window7 and I wouldn't be using it to trade properly
sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:58 pm
sIGNAL wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:55 pm
Dallas wrote:

It could well be that, and probably is

Just worth bearing in mind the full BF security isn't there on Window7 and I wouldn't be using it to trade properly
Yeah ok, point taken when moneys involved. Will try resetting my key as temp solution but yeah will have to update it for any proper use. cheers
jamesedwards

You don't need to reset your key to use multiple devices above your connections limit. But, I find once you've connected a particular race to TPD on one device then that will count towards your max. So you might find when you load later markets that haven't already been connected on other machines that they will then connect OK.
sIGNAL

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:17 pm
You don't need to reset your key to use multiple devices above your connections limit. But, I find once you've connected a particular race to TPD on one device then that will count towards your max. So you might find when you load later markets that haven't already been connected on other machines that they will then connect OK.
yeah cheers just discovered that, as a key reset made no difference anyway so it must be the laptops O/S.

Another task for the wkend if i can be bothered !
LeTiss

Windows 10 is still available for free download straight from Windows 7
sIGNAL

Quick update, ive now got windows 10 Pro on the laptop and TPD is working fine so it was windows 7 that was the issue.

thanks all. :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”