BTTS relationship with the Correct Score Market

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
TheLoneBettor

I have recently just learnt about connecting Bet Angel to a spreadsheet. And I have been doing some calculations regarding the relationships between the Correct Score Markets versus the Match Odds, O/U (0.5), (1.5), (2.5), (3.5) and BTTS. For example, to get the odds for the Home Win, I add the converted %chance of 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2 and Any Other Home Win. You get the picture for the rest of the workings out for the other markets, except 1 of them. The dreaded BTTS.

Why the dreaded BTTS?

Well, you can add up all of the Correct Scores where both teams have scored. ie 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 and Any Other Draw. The calculation for those markets is not as in sync as the other markets such the Match Odds example I gave earlier. The odds are somewhat out of kilter. This is because the Any Other Home Win and Any Other Away Win operate differently than the others.

Why is this?

Because the AOHW and AOAW are not specific in determining whether or not both teams have scored. For example, AOHW can mean 4-0 as well as 4-1 and so on. So you can not just include AOHW in your calculations to determine what the odds for BTTS will be. I have tried to adjust the calculations and I am somewhat getting nearer to where the odds should be.

What I am asking is, Is there an easier way of working out the relationship between the Correct Score Market and BTTS?

I have created a spreadsheet with all the markets I have talked about, with all the excel calculations done on a spare sheet within the file if anyone is interested in looking at it. If so, let me know and I will post it on here. I will also give a description as to what is what.

Kind regards
TheLoneBettor
Kai

TheLoneBettor wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:10 pm
Is there an easier way of working out the relationship between the Correct Score Market and BTTS?
Have you considered hiring a private investigator

I have long suspected those two were having an affair
TheLoneBettor

Kai wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:23 pm
TheLoneBettor wrote:
Is there an easier way of working out the relationship between the Correct Score Market and BTTS?

:lol: That's a good one!
Dallas

TheLoneBettor wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:29 pm
Kai wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:23 pm
TheLoneBettor wrote:

:lol: That's a good one!
On form for a Sunday :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”