Betangel VPS Question

A place to discuss anything.
cmp

Hi,

How often should you close / restart Betangel & guardian when using it on a VPS ? The reason I ask is I have left it running for a few days then added some automation files to guardian and they don't seem to work. Then after a closing Betangel & restarting they seem to work fine. Just wondering if anybody can relate.

Thanks in advance

Craig.
Euler

It should be very stable now unless you have lots of markets in Guardian, in which case it may run out of memory or storage space.

I tend to reboot mine once a week. I run installs and updates and reboot each Friday ahead of the weekend action.
cmp

Euler wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:22 pm
It should be very stable now unless you have lots of markets in Guardian, in which case it may run out of memory or storage space.

I tend to reboot mine once a week. I run installs and updates and reboot each Friday ahead of the weekend action.
Ahh okay thank you, much appreciated.

Craig
Wildly

This morning I am unable to access my Bet Angel VPS. Error code 0x204.

I have attempted access for more than 90 minutes so unlikely a VPS update in progress.

I have attempted access turning off my WiFi and hotspotting my phone for internet connection to try to eliminate the router as suggested in troubleshooting.

I've only seen 'disconnect' as an option since using this VPS (previous VPS had 'shut down' as an option and a danger) I don't think I could have accidentally shut down the machine, is that still possible ?

I've raised a service ticket but as it's 1:30am in the UK I'm posting here in the hope someone on the Forum can help please.
Anbell

Wildly wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:37 am
This morning I am unable to access my Bet Angel VPS. Error code 0x204.

I have attempted access for more than 90 minutes so unlikely a VPS update in progress.

I have attempted access turning off my WiFi and hotspotting my phone for internet connection to try to eliminate the router as suggested in troubleshooting.

I've only seen 'disconnect' as an option since using this VPS (previous VPS had 'shut down' as an option and a danger) I don't think I could have accidentally shut down the machine, is that still possible ?

I've raised a service ticket but as it's 1:30am in the UK I'm posting here in the hope someone on the Forum can help please.
A lot of mine are going through the same experience, but the status page isnt suggesting that we're in an upgrade cycle
Anbell

I'm back online
Wildly

Anbell wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:36 am
I'm back online
I still can't access mine. Does yours show any log of what was going on Anbell ?
Anbell

Wildly wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:09 am
Anbell wrote:
I'm back online
I still can't access mine. Does yours show any log of what was going on Anbell ?
No. They just go dead but then come back alive. One of mine was down from approx 2.56 pm to about 3.32pm
lotora

Anbell wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:13 am
Wildly wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:09 am
Anbell wrote:
I'm back online
No. They just go dead but then come back alive. One of mine was down from approx 2.56 pm to about 3.32pm
Same here, as expected at this time of the month.
Anbell

They usually have some details at https://status.simplyhosting.com but the given window is usually about 2 weeks so that isnt much guidance!
Wildly

I haven't been able to access my Bet Angel VPS for nearly 8 hours. That seems something wrong more than an update running.
Euler

Wildly wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:40 am
I haven't been able to access my Bet Angel VPS for nearly 8 hours. That seems something wrong more than an update running.
In your specific case it looks like the server was shut down. We have responded via support.

It could be that the server crashed on applying an update.
Wildly

Euler wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:42 am
Wildly wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:40 am
In your specific case it looks like the server was shut down. We have responded via support.
Thanks for the restart Peter and support.

Return to “General discussion”