RIP Terry Venables

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
sniffer66

Was sorry to read todays news

Spurs, QPR and England legend. Not to mention Hazelll author

I always felt if we had kept Venables as manager and not gone with the troglodyte Hoddle, that England team would have done far better. He would have at least made the best of Gazza.
Michael5482

sniffer66 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:29 pm

I always felt if we had kept Venables as manager and not gone with the troglodyte Hoddle, that England team would have done far better. He would have at least made the best of Gazza.
One of the good guys in football RIP

Agreed he should of stayed on as England manager, he got the last of the best Gazza at Euro 96 there wasn't much more to be had from him after around 96/97 onwards unfortunately nothing or none would have changed that.
sniffer66

Michael5482 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:37 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:29 pm

One of the good guys in football RIP

Agreed he should of stayed on as England manager, he got the last of the best Gazza at Euro 96 there wasn't much more to be had from him after around 96/97 onwards unfortunately nothing or none would have changed that.
I tend to agree on Gazza, but he would have least have put him in the squad. Hoddle was all ego and thick as pig shit. Not a great combination.
greenmark

Yeah. He was a proper manager. Footballers in those days were even more cynical than now. He seemed to have the charisma to inspire.
Euler

Have fond memories of Euro 96. RIP El Tel.

Return to “Football trading”