How to tell if the favourite horse price will go up or down?

The sport of kings.
teemo25

Hello, this is my first post on this forum, newbie here. I don't know if this is the right question to ask. I notice that during the countdown timer, before the race starts (pre-race), between 2:10 and 1:40, the price of the favourite horse either goes up or down and continues that direction, mostly, for the remainder of the time. How do you tell or predict which way the price will go of the favourite horse during that time frame. I know if there's a joint favourite, the horse that has a shorter price will usually steam. Apart from reading form and looking at the long term graph how do you predict which way the price will go during that time frame? Is this an unanswerable question? is there a way to predict which way the price will go of the favourite horse during the last two minutes?
conduirez

teemo25 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:25 pm
Hello, this is my first post on this forum, newbie here. I don't know if this is the right question to ask. I notice that during the countdown timer, before the race starts (pre-race), between 2:10 and 1:40, the price of the favourite horse either goes up or down and continues that direction, mostly, for the remainder of the time. How do you tell or predict which way the price will go of the favourite horse during that time frame. I know if there's a joint favourite, the horse that has a shorter price will usually steam. Apart from reading form and looking at the long term graph how do you predict which way the price will go during that time frame? Is this an unanswerable question? is there a way to predict which way the price will go of the favourite horse during the last two minutes?
You could try building a time machine. :lol:
Kai

teemo25 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:25 pm
is there a way to predict which way the price will go of the favourite
Well that's the whole game, isn't it... it's more about managing risk than predicting

Even if someone could predict it you doubt they would share this with others
Euler

You don't actually need to predict direction to profit: -

https://youtu.be/4vX6aV3Lyy8

But if you want to, you can look do things like this: -

https://youtu.be/PMcIrIP9utw
teemo25

Thx for the replies. the links to the videos were very helpful!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”