What's Your Betfair Trading Goals 2024

A place to discuss anything.
Michael5482

I bought a couple of new monitors today and plugged them in and it got me thinking about what my trading goals actually are for 2024 so thought I'd share them. I've put a lot of work into my football trading earlier in the year and moved it right on so happy with that but kind of pissed about the last couple of months and gone through the motions doing as little as possible if I'm honest so want to push on outside of football.

Treat it more like a job and be a bit more professional especially with time management
Complete Python training course
Complete SQL training course
Get fully up and running with Betfair API by collecting data, designing and building a database all leading to implementing strategy's (Greyhounds)

Fell free to share yours
Derek27

I'm just hoping to get my automation flying at full mast. Up until now it hasn't been making anything worthwhile but it's beginning to look more promising. :D
Kai

My main trading goals involve trading more goals 😇
sIGNAL

For me, I'm only around 6 months into my trading journey, approx 2000 hours done learning so far. I feel I've learnt so much, tonnes of strategies I've looked at, spent 3 months solid learning IR horses and just learning the markets. I've recently built a python script which scrapes racing post greyhound data and puts it all in an excel sheet so I'm just gathering data at the moment and spending some time in these markets. I've now decided I'm ready to hit the ladders and am doing abit of scalping/swing trading. I know alot of traders do that first, but I've done everything else first and now ready to start looking at advanced charts etc. Long way to go still but looking forward to what the new year brings me skill wise.
Emmson

My trading goal for 2024 is to remember a work/life balance is worth keeping in mind.
Anbell

Emmson wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:45 am
My trading goal for 2024 is to remember a work/life balance is worth keeping in mind.
There are many pieces of the process that can be automated
Euler

Nearly all my automated strategies have started as manual trading ones which I have slowly automated or improved through automation.
Euler

While boring, my usual goal is to do a bit better than last year or find something new. Over time that real makes a difference.
thepressure

Find a simple strategy and just grind it out and become profitable, rinse and repeat for a nice side Income / investing income
Derek27

thepressure wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:09 am
Find a simple strategy and just grind it out and become profitable, rinse and repeat for a nice side Income / investing income
Focus on developing a profitable strategy. Think about a nice income later. Or better still, don't think about it at all, just let it appear. Otherwise it just becomes a distraction. :)
sniffer66

To put a lock on my office door so my wife can stop bothering me every 5 mins, because "You aren't doing anything important, and the people you are talking to aren't real"
Kai

I suppose I'm looking forward to Euro 2024, it doesn't seem far off now. The main goal would be to perform better than in the last tourney, as has been the trend ever since I started.

Although this can sometimes bring about unnecessary pressure.
zippus

Looking to build on a solid year. 2023 is the first full calendar year where I've made a profit (I've been trading / betting for around four years). This is a key milestone for me. I'm still prone to making some very silly mistakes (over-staking and impatience) and am looking to cut these basic errors out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

zippus wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:02 pm
Looking to build on a solid year. 2023 is the first full calendar year where I've made a profit (I've been trading / betting for around four years). This is a key milestone for me. I'm still prone to making some very silly mistakes (over-staking and impatience) and am looking to cut these basic errors out.
That initial breakthrough is definitely the hardest step to make. Good to see more footy profit, keep it up 👍
firlandsfarm

Sort out my untidy mess that is part developed strategies and become more organised such as keeping a diary/log for each system I work on so I can refer back later and take them further rather than wonder why i did something!

Return to “General discussion”