Green up only Bet Angel Bets

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Orixian

Is there a way to set Bet Angel to only focus on bets placed via Bet Angel? I currently have automated strategies I have setup using some Python Scripts that run in the background whilst I am trading but I don't want Bet Angel to recognise those strategies or the bets associated with them. At the moment Bet Angel includes them in green up calculations. Ideally it would completely ignore them and not show them on the ladder either.

Also is there a way to download trading logs from Bet Angel that include only bets placed via Bet Angel?

Thanks very much.
ODPaul82

For 1st, Simple answer, no.

For 2nd one if you vary your staking slightly by a few pence then you can identify what your entry bet would be
i.e strat 1 has £100.10 stake, strat 2 has £100.12 stake, strat 3 has £100.14 stake
firlandsfarm

ODPaul82 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:30 am
For 1st, Simple answer, no.

For 2nd one if you vary your staking slightly by a few pence then you can identify what your entry bet would be
i.e strat 1 has £100.10 stake, strat 2 has £100.12 stake, strat 3 has £100.14 stake
I agree with ODPaul, I use that system and you can introduce a code within the stake but it all falls apart if the stake is not fully matched!. I refer you to my Suggestion request on this viewtopic.php?p=346295#p346295
Orixian

Thanks very much for replies. I use the Flumine and betfairlightweight python libraries for automation so the answer to the first question being 'No' is real issue for me. I can't shut down the algo trading. Going to have to rethink if point and click trading is worth it or not.
Anbell

Orixian wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:23 am
Thanks very much for replies. I use the Flumine and betfairlightweight python libraries for automation so the answer to the first question being 'No' is real issue for me. I can't shut down the algo trading. Going to have to rethink if point and click trading is worth it or not.
Some people solve this problem by opening up a separate account in their husband's name
Orixian

Not an option for me unfortunately. I have asked Betfair for a second account. See what happens.
foxwood

Orixian wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:23 am
Idle thought - BA has a python API (not looked at it) so might be worth considering letting your flumine strat(s) handle the greening somehow.

Would just need to get BA to write something out on the API link to say "green these bet ids and/or market" and you could just walk the orders in flumine and green them ? i've contrived a way of injecting a meaningful stratID into the customer_order_ref on each order so you could then easily skip your automated bets. The linkage might be a bit slow so prob not suitable for highly active markets like in-running. PM if you want details on customer_order_ref mangling.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”