Is cash out equal value to manually laying?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Fugazi

I placed a £1 bet stake, but this then meant by laying lower odds at £1 I break even if the horse loses. Also, not sure if I get charged comission still on the lay bet or if Betfair realises its a trade and doesn't shaft me?

Now, to get around the boredem of £0 if the horse loses, I see I can "cash out" and therefore guarantee a profit. But I'm not sure if Betfair takes some extra juice if I hit cash out and its more profitable long run to just manually lay?

Thanks
Derek27

Fugazi wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:39 pm
I placed a £1 bet stake, but this then meant by laying lower odds at £1 I break even if the horse loses. Also, not sure if I get charged comission still on the lay bet or if Betfair realises its a trade and doesn't shaft me?

Now, to get around the boredem of £0 if the horse loses, I see I can "cash out" and therefore guarantee a profit. But I'm not sure if Betfair takes some extra juice if I hit cash out and its more profitable long run to just manually lay?

Thanks
Are you using Bet Angel? If so, you'd be better off greening up (same thing) on the ladder or one-click screen.

With cash out on the Betfair site, they attempt to match 50% of the money at best price, 30% at second best and 20% at third best price to increase the chances of it all getting matched, so you could be throwing away some of your profit.
Fugazi

Not using bet angel yet, I'm testing out some ideas I have about trends and making sure I fully understand before moving to Bet Angel

I guess though if 100 percent is available at best price it will cash out at best price? Only using £1 stakes current so I assume most of the time it can just take 100 percent best price
Dallas

The figure on Betfair takes into account your current net position, and that you might need to be matched over several prices to get it all fully matched

The figure displayed by BA is what you can green up/cash out for at the current price - but there may not be enough there to fully match you so the rest will be left as unmatched

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”