Excel ... two questions ...

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Mastermind

Hi everybody ...

I wasn't in the forum or betfair trading for some months, cause I had another problem to solve .. which I did now and am now able to trade some markets again at the weekends ... hopefully more ..

I have two questions for now ...

1) I still do not really know when I shall use the excel spreadsheet instead of guardian. Can please one of the pros help me to figure this out. Just to find out when I should take the step from guardian to use an own spreadsheet to make my trades... I do right now not really understand what makes the spreadsheet more recommendable, because from version to version Bet Angel Pro - and with this Guardian - can do more and better things ... is really each profitable fulltime trader using Excel spreadsheet or just guardian and thats enough?

2) Away from placing your orders with guardian or excel .. I've found this Excel schedule of Peter in one of his latest videos. It looks great (and of course it is so) to monitor and review all trades with it to optimize their outcome. Can it be downloaded, bought or anything else to get it here in the forum or from Bet Angel .. or do I need to program my own? In my case .. learn how to program it by my own, cause I am not so much advanced on my excel journey for now to know all this how to do.

A little bit help would be nice.

Thats it for now, many thanks in advance and happy new year to you all !!

Best regards, Mastermind
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Mastermind wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:18 pm
Hi everybody ...

I wasn't in the forum or betfair trading for some months, cause I had another problem to solve .. which I did now and am now able to trade some markets again at the weekends ... hopefully more ..

I have two questions for now ...

1) I still do not really know when I shall use the excel spreadsheet instead of guardian. Can please one of the pros help me to figure this out. Just to find out when I should take the step from guardian to use an own spreadsheet to make my trades... I do right now not really understand what makes the spreadsheet more recommendable, because from version to version Bet Angel Pro - and with this Guardian - can do more and better things ... is really each profitable fulltime trader using Excel spreadsheet or just guardian and thats enough?

2) Away from placing your orders with guardian or excel .. I've found this Excel schedule of Peter in one of his latest videos. It looks great (and of course it is so) to monitor and review all trades with it to optimize their outcome. Can it be downloaded, bought or anything else to get it here in the forum or from Bet Angel .. or do I need to program my own? In my case .. learn how to program it by my own, cause I am not so much advanced on my excel journey for now to know all this how to do.

A little bit help would be nice.

Thats it for now, many thanks in advance and happy new year to you all !!

Best regards, Mastermind
Excel is more powerful and flexible than Guardian automation, especially if you can code in VBA. The downside is that it requires more work and knowledge. As a rule of thumb, if you can achieve what you want with Guardian automation, use it. Don't waste time coding in Excel if Guardian is perfectly adequate for the job. I only use Excel for my more complex projects and experiments.
conduirez

I would say if you found a system using one piece of software keep using it. if it makes a profit.

However there is no harm in exploring other avenues, which will allow you more scope in the future to write better and more precise conditions, for any profitable method you come up with.

I have no association with them but I will point you towards W3Schools, which is a free resource for learning not only Excel but a lot of computer languages, unfortunately it does not do VBA at the beginners level but does have a large library of VBA keywords.

https://www.w3schools.com/excel/index.php

Others users wanting to learn C++, C#, Python, XML, HTML, Java, Javascript or SQL would not find a better starting place.
Mastermind

Thanks Derek27 and conduirez for your kind replies. I will have a look after it.
And in case of my second question .. there is no way to get such an excel sheet to enter my traderesults like it it is shown on the screenshot from Peters video I have attached? Do I understand this right? Or is this downloadable anywhere?

Many thanks in advance again, I really appreciate it.

Mastermind
Anbell

I dont think many of us use excel with BA. I use it to track some data that I want to look at in real time but that could easily be done within BA.
firlandsfarm

As @Derek27 says ... it's horses for courses (no puns intended!). Take for example the excellent 'current score' ruleset @sibur kindly donated to the forum. It works brilliantly but would probably have been easier to set up in Excel ... for a liquid market the current score is the first row in the table of score selections that has a Lay price.

Guardian is always my first port of call but some tasks are easier in Excel and those with more complex data manipulation are better suited to Excel but Guardian closes the gap with every update.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”