How to use the green figures on left of ladder

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Ianhski

What are the green numbers on the left of the ladder all about? Is there a video to explain how to use them?

And the Trade out number, it changes based on if that scale icon is selected. Again unclear of it's use other than to trade out quickly.

I have seen a video in the training related to these but is there a clearer explainer?

Thanks
Ian

Ps, BA is obviously great but also overwhelming to the beginner. 🙂
Euler

The numbers on the left are the trading position on that selection.

You can display these as hedged or unhedged. I prefer to have them shown as unhedged.
Ianhski

I hope this is easy and I have missed something obvious....

Been watching YT vids of correct score trading where the trader is using Betfair interface and as a score line comes in, they lay off three green or some of it, to lock in a profit but to reduce the liability exposure should it go wrong. Not trading out just pushing the profit along. Crucially this can be repeated as scores change.
Can Bet Angel do this more efficiently?
And in BF you can see the effect before committing, that too please.
jamesedwards

Ianhski wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:15 am
I hope this is easy and I have missed something obvious....

Been watching YT vids of correct score trading where the trader is using Betfair interface and as a score line comes in, they lay off three green or some of it, to lock in a profit but to reduce the liability exposure should it go wrong. Not trading out just pushing the profit along. Crucially this can be repeated as scores change.
Can Bet Angel do this more efficiently?
And in BF you can see the effect before committing, that too please.
I see lots of this kind of trading going on but it never makes sense to me.

If you're going to put up a bet with the intention to trade out for a reduced profit if things are going well, or a reduced loss if things are going badly, then why not just put up a lower stake to start with and let it roll? Not only would this save you a lot of manual intervention but in the long run the return should be better because every time you trade in or out you're giving away a little bit of expected value due to the spread.

Unless you have good reason to believe you have an edge, and therefore a positive expected value, you can expect to lose in the long run due to the spread and commission. There is no staking plan or trading system that will change this.
Ianhski

Well I am a new trader so you may be right, I don't know but if I am dutching, or rather skewing, a number of possible scores and then watch the game, I can effectively trade those bets if it looks like there are more goals coming, thus reducing the liability if it goes wrong and sometimes either getting a free bet or a good trade-out. This looks like it works for those guys doing it and its trading after all, not just bet and forget.

I am not clever enough to understand the long term expected values but with good research, I can at least narrow down a few possible score lines and then respond as things develop. I see people doing this using Betfair easily enough so though its probably even easier in BA if only I knew how and BA is sooo complex at my stage in using it. Getting there slowly.
jamesedwards

Ianhski wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:10 pm
Well I am a new trader so you may be right, I don't know but if I am dutching, or rather skewing, a number of possible scores and then watch the game, I can effectively trade those bets if it looks like there are more goals coming, thus reducing the liability if it goes wrong and sometimes either getting a free bet or a good trade-out. This looks like it works for those guys doing it and its trading after all, not just bet and forget.

I am not clever enough to understand the long term expected values but with good research, I can at least narrow down a few possible score lines and then respond as things develop. I see people doing this using Betfair easily enough so though its probably even easier in BA if only I knew how and BA is sooo complex at my stage in using it. Getting there slowly.
Yes, as well as the ladder screen on Bet Angel you can configure virtually anything you want on the one-click screen too.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”