Using TPD with In-Play Trader

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
Safeway

Last night I was playing with a maximum size TPD Pars chart and placing little bets using In Play Trader pinned in place in the corner. I wanted a very simple screen in front of me with the minimum of distracting info.....just for now anyway :?

Maybe this question should be on another thread but it does concern TPD. I 'THINK' the little runner icons on In Play Trader are in an 'assumed' position which is arrived at from their current prices and that it is the prices shortening that pulls the leaders towards the finishing post?

Obviously TPD was operating on the races in which I played so......can the TPD data be used with In Play Trader so that data from TPD is dictating the position of the runners on In Play Trader? If so, how can I achieve that? If that is possible this should be a game changer for me.

I have viewed all the videos several times but I can't quite get to my answer!

Also.......Peter advises we click in front of the horse to back and behind to lay. I only see the options to left click or right click on the mouse - how do I sort this? Finally, I really do want the horses progressing from left to right. I can't find how to do this either!

Have a great Saturday everybody :D
Dallas

Safeway wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:12 am
Last night I was playing with a maximum size TPD Pars chart and placing little bets using In Play Trader pinned in place in the corner. I wanted a very simple screen in front of me with the minimum of distracting info.....just for now anyway :?

Maybe this question should be on another thread but it does concern TPD. I 'THINK' the little runner icons on In Play Trader are in an 'assumed' position which is arrived at from their current prices and that it is the prices shortening that pulls the leaders towards the finishing post?

Obviously TPD was operating on the races in which I played so......can the TPD data be used with In Play Trader so that data from TPD is dictating the position of the runners on In Play Trader? If so, how can I achieve that? If that is possible this should be a game changer for me.

I have viewed all the videos several times but I can't quite get to my answer!

Also.......Peter advises we click in front of the horse to back and behind to lay. I only see the options to left click or right click on the mouse - how do I sort this? Finally, I really do want the horses progressing from left to right. I can't find how to do this either!

Have a great Saturday everybody :D
At the top of the In-Play trader window is an option which lets you sort the runners any way you want, the option you need is 'Custom Ranking 1'

Then to put them into the same order as you see on the TPD map you'd need to use an automation rule with a
Set/Modify Stored Value rule' with unlimited triggers re-arming every refresh
and on the stored value tab store the position of each runner

Then add a '
Update custom ranking rule which also needs to trigger unlimited times re-arming every refresh
and sort the selection by stored value (entering the stored value name you've just used above)
in Ascending order

Another option is to use one of file from the TPD section like this below, all you need to do then is click on the 'Position' column header and that will sort them by position, then in the 'In-play trader' window use the 'Sort to match one-click screen option'
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=24626

You might find some of the other TPD examples use to, ie, you could display the speed in a gradient colour in your In-Play Trader window or on the TPD map itself
viewforum.php?f=73
TPD-Zone

Sorry to report that due to unforeseen circumstances there will be no live data from Hereford this afternoon. Apologies for the disruption.
Safeway

At the top of the In-Play trader window is an option which lets you sort the runners any way you want, the option you need is 'Custom Ranking 1'

Then to put them into the same order as you see on the TPD map you'd need to use an automation rule with a
Set/Modify Stored Value rule' with unlimited triggers re-arming every refresh
and on the stored value tab store the position of each runner

Then add a '
Update custom ranking rule which also needs to trigger unlimited times re-arming every refresh
and sort the selection by stored value (entering the stored value name you've just used above)
in Ascending order

Another option is to use one of file from the TPD section like this below, all you need to do then is click on the 'Position' column header and that will sort them by position, then in the 'In-play trader' window use the 'Sort to match one-click screen option'
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=24626

You might find some of the other TPD examples use to, ie, you could display the speed in a gradient colour in your In-Play Trader window or on the TPD map itself
viewforum.php?f=73

Thanks DALLAS for such a comprehensive answer. I am very grateful.

In my playing with the big Pars chart and In Play Trader with small stakes I turned in a profit which would have been more had I not accidentally clicked the mouse pre race and started the race with quite a handicap (excuse the pun.)

I'm wondering if I'm trying to go where no person has gone before. I sort of thought the In Play Trader might have reflected TPD positions when I finally got into it. All of the files you provided previously I have and have used after initially subscribing to TPD. I have been able to view the speeds and position of all of the runners right from the start.

Anyway, I'm pressing ahead looking at both of your suggestions. If I'm pursuing the stored value route I might be back with a further question or two. :cry:

Once again thanks! (sorry I've messed up the quote thingy)
Dabbla

If you’re after a more visual representation of the race in the inplay try this.
One thing you can do is add SVs to the in play trader via (Inplay profile editor).
iptr2.PNG
What I have done is stored the value of distance to the leader and added that SV to the IPT as a percentage. The leader will 0% , then a horse 10 meters behind will be at 10%. You could also add some fixed markers for the distances, e.g at 5, 10, 20, meters.
iptr.PNG
Safeway

Thanks for your time and work Dabbla,

At the moment I see two main ways of using the TPD data. In my experiment I was looking for runners who were deviating from the tried and tested method of winning on that course (errors/too fast/too slow etc) and laying them. This seemed to follow the way TPD themselves were demonstrating how to use the data in their videos.

The other way I currently see of using the data must be the way you are ie. looking at who is behind the leader and making a judgement about whether it is too late for them to catch up?

I am very interested in what you say here. Please check in to this thread to see how I'm going.....may need some help :oops:
Dabbla

No worries, I’ll help where I can.
I have only just gone back to TDP in the last week or so. I tried it when it was initially released on to BA a couple of years ago but it’s been on the back burner since. It’s not really a 100% priority at the moment, although there are a couple of cards today, so I will have a play.
My knowledge of how to best use it is close to 0. It sounds like I have been watching the same vids as you.
What I’m doing at the moment is just playing with the set ups and the data, just trying to get a feel for things.
Dallas

I've moved the posts above and created a new thread for the discussion to continue further (as the other thread was really for any issues and feedback for improvements for TPD)

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”