API Get Markets error

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
sheffutd1889

Hi,

I have just recently started using the API to import and remove markets and have stumbled across an error which I believe starts to affect the performace of guardian after a while. It is to do with markets which have been removed from guardian still being pulled by the get markets command.

I have attached a few screenshots to illustrate this better... 16 markets in guardian but 271 results from the API command. It's like the markets never truly get removed from guardian and after a week or so, the number of markets gets so large that the rate guardian collects and process data each second starts to decline.

Has anybody got any idea what might cause this and if there is a way to truly remove the out of date markets (exceluding the obvious solution to close betangel and reload)

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sniffer66

I've had this happen a few times as well, never did get to the bottom of it. I did post in the beta thread about it, and the only solution was a restart or clear of the file holding the markets list

I only noticed it when my code started throwing up errors trying to delete markets that werent listed in Guardian itself, but were still showing via a get markets request
sheffutd1889

Ah ok. Thanks for your reply. It's nice to know it's not user error, I've only just started working with the API. I guess for now I will just have to manually restart BetAngel once a week or something (an inconvenience but no big deal). Hopefully if it's a known issue it will get resolved in future releases.

Return to “Support”