Selecting runners by Weight

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
gareth75

Hello
In automation How do you go about creating an automation rule to select runners based on the runners weight ?
Thanks
Dallas

You first need a 'Set/Modify Stored Value' rule and on the stored value tab store a value as text
Then select it from the 'value type list'
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sto ... _text.html

You'll then need to add a Stored Value condition to your rule/s that you want to test the weight
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/stored_value.html
gareth75

Thanks really appreciate your reply Dallas. il have a look at this now
gareth75

Hi Dallas
I've tried to have a go at these stored values rules today, but am failing miserably. Are there any stored value files similar to the ones you mentioned available as a downloadable file, where i could try and tweak them from there ? thanks
Dallas

gareth75 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:57 pm
Hi Dallas
I've tried to have a go at these stored values rules today, but am failing miserably. Are there any stored value files similar to the ones you mentioned available as a downloadable file, where i could try and tweak them from there ? thanks
There are a few, this one should be easy to edit, on the stored value tab instead of it storing the form it just needs changing to weight in the pick list (you'll probably just want the one stored value - the rest can be deleted

Then on the rule that places a bet edit the Stored Value condition to do whatever it is you want with the weight, ie, is it less than 'X' or greater than 'X'

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=24294
gareth75

Thanks again Dallas.
I've managed to create a stored value as text for the runners weight, but how would i go about in automation backing the bottom weight runner in a race.
Thanks
Dallas

gareth75 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:52 am
Thanks again Dallas.
I've managed to create a stored value as text for the runners weight, but how would i go about in automation backing the bottom weight runner in a race.
Thanks
You'd next need to add a 'Update Custom Ranking of Selection' rule, and on the parameters tab sort them into ascending order

Then you'd apply your back/lay rule to selection in by Rank 'Custom Ranking 1 (1)'
gareth75

Again many many thanks Dallas. I've managed with the big help from you to create the automation I was looking for. After some testing with it it became apparent that sometimes there are more than one runner with the same weight so I'm trying to work out the workaround with this.
Thanks
Dallas

gareth75 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:21 pm
Again many many thanks Dallas. I've managed with the big help from you to create the automation I was looking for. After some testing with it it became apparent that sometimes there are more than one runner with the same weight so I'm trying to work out the workaround with this.
Thanks
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:51 am
gareth75 wrote:
Thanks
Dallas, how would Bet Angel treat storing a custom rank when faced with selections with duplicate values?

eg, What custom ranking order would BA store these in if you wanted to rank from low to high?
horse 1 carries 10s 11lb
horse 2 carries 10s 9lb
horse 3 carries 10s 11b
horse 4 carries 10s 13lb
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:07 pm
Dallas wrote:
gareth75 wrote:
Thanks
Dallas, how would Bet Angel treat storing a custom rank when faced with selections with duplicate values?

eg, What custom ranking order would BA store these in if you wanted to rank from low to high?
horse 1 carries 10s 11lb
horse 2 carries 10s 9lb
horse 3 carries 10s 11b
horse 4 carries 10s 13lb
A secondary default when equal values is normally done by their Betfair row number so in your example it would order them 2, 1, 3, 4

Its not something I've ever tested when using custom rankings, but it works that way if say ordering by fav and using their price, and two or more are the same it goes by lowest Betfair row so pretty certain it would be the same with custom rankings
elofan0

Its a pity the runners weight isnt available in the options so you can use to create baf files like it is available in the custom profiles display additional info
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:01 am
jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:07 pm
Dallas wrote:

horse 1 carries 10s 11lb
horse 2 carries 10s 9lb
horse 3 carries 10s 11b
horse 4 carries 10s 13lb
A secondary default when equal values is normally done by their Betfair row number so in your example it would order them 2, 1, 3, 4

Its not something I've ever tested when using custom rankings, but it works that way if say ordering by fav and using their price, and two or more are the same it goes by lowest Betfair row so pretty certain it would be the same with custom rankings
Cheers

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”