Betfair account locked

A place to discuss anything.
Davey18p

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help

On Saturday morning I had my account locked by betfair owing to a number of alleged attempts to unsuccesfully login to my account

Since Saturday I have been in communication with betfair via their online chat who have opened a case for review; however every subsequent communication I’ve had with them since via the online chat has been very frustrating

It has now been 3 days and every request for update has been responded to with there’s nothing i can do other than wait until the case has been reviewed
has anyone else had any experience of this; is there a response time in which betfair need to respond and is there anything else I can do in my given situation

Thank you in frustration

David
jamesedwards

This doesn't really help you much, but when the same thing was happening to me my account was never 'locked'. I just had to reset my password every time someone failed to log-in three times in a row.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28147&

Unfortunately Betfair customer service is not the best, and other than badgering them on live chat there's not much you can do other than wait for them to fix it.
Kai

Davey18p wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:20 pm
On Saturday morning I had my account locked by betfair owing to a number of alleged attempts to unsuccesfully login to my account
Do you use 2 step authentication?

Probably best to wait for now
Derek27

Davey18p wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:20 pm
Hi

Wonder if anyone can help

Since Saturday I have been in communication with betfair via their online chat who have opened a case for review; however every subsequent communication I’ve had with them since via the online chat has been very frustrating

It has now been 3 days and every request for update has been responded to with there’s nothing i can do other than wait until the case has been reviewed
has anyone else had any experience of this; is there a response time in which betfair need to respond and is there anything else I can do in my given situation

Thank you in frustration

David
I've had a similar problem when my account was locked, the chat facility tole me to email an address and simply cut the chat. The email address I have them never replied.

I managed to get back in by trying the chat facility again a few times. There are a few agents that are helpful but I'm sure one of their agents are able to let you back in if they want.
Davey18p

Thanks for all the advice appreciated

I’m being told that no one can assist as a case has been opened for review by the security team

If I do have to wait does anyone have any experience of how long a reply might take
Archery1969

Davey18p wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:37 pm
Thanks for all the advice appreciated

I’m being told that no one can assist as a case has been opened for review by the security team

If I do have to wait does anyone have any experience of how long a reply might take
Happened to me and took 7 working days to resolve.
LeTiss

Do you have a Twitter/X account?

I've had a few issues from time to time, and their customer services is excellent on there. They will engage via Direct Message, not in view of everyone else, so give them a try
Davey18p

Hi all thank for the advice - appreciated
Leftists I do have a twitter account been a while since I was on it but now back on

How do I go about contacting betfair on it please
Davey18p

Leftists xx - letis
Sorry
jamesedwards

Davey18p wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:29 pm
Hi all thank for the advice - appreciated
Leftists I do have a twitter account been a while since I was on it but now back on

How do I go about contacting betfair on it please
@BetfairCS

They are good, much better than live chat.
Davey18p

Thanks I’ll give it a try
Davey18p

Still no response from betfair - just one more thought - would it make sense to open a new betfair account
Michael5482

Davey18p wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:05 pm
Still no response from betfair - just one more thought - would it make sense to open a new betfair account
I'd say no as the risk is they close the lot full stop, difficult I know but just be patient. I hope it works out for you.
jamesedwards

Davey18p wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:05 pm
No. It will cause more trouble/confusion. You'll just have to be patient.
conduirez

I would rather my account is blocked for a few days and I am not able to trade, than wake up one morning and find my account has been hacked and all my money has been transferred to some account half way across the world.

We all have a go at Betfair and say how bad they are in certain things, but their security is backed up by some of the best experts in cyber fraud in the world.

You will get back in and all your money will be there, just wait. It will be OK.

Return to “General discussion”