Set And Forget Servant

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
leest2019

Along with my other query on placing back bets into the market I've got another query that I can't find the answer to.

Start of the day, I've got my selections and events that I want to trade on. I've got my strategy. I want to just go into each market and set up the servant so when the event starts the servant does what it's supposed to. I've set the servant up no problem, but I can only select it to run on one market at a time unless I go in to each market after the previous one has finished and add the servant that way.

An example.

I want my servant to run on the
12:30 Newark
13:45 Fontwell
20:00 Newcastle

If I set the servant to run on the 12:30 at Newark and then I go to the 13:45 Fontwell and set the servant to run on that it cancels the 12:30 at Newark. I don't want it to do that. I want to be able to go into each race at the beginning of the day and choose my selection, set the servant and leave them to run. I don't want to have to wait until the end of the previous race I'm trading to be able to select the next market I want it to run on.

How can I set it so at the start of the day I just select the races that I want them to run on and then just leave them to run?
jamesedwards

You need to create a rules file in Guardian that triggers in the same way as your servant. Then apply the rules file to all the appropriate races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoOo9yNqqHc
leest2019

That's great. thanks. I'll look at the video. My Servants keep cancelling themselves as well. I set one servant, go and look at another market (I don't do anything on the other market) and when I come back the servant is marked as stopped. Not pending. Just stopped. I'll have a look at the vid you've put and see if that helps anyway.
Dallas

leest2019 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:49 pm
That's great. thanks. I'll look at the video. My Servants keep cancelling themselves as well. I set one servant, go and look at another market (I don't do anything on the other market) and when I come back the servant is marked as stopped. Not pending. Just stopped. I'll have a look at the vid you've put and see if that helps anyway.
Servants are designed to be used on the market you have on screen, if you switch to another they will automatically be stopped (otherwise it'll be very easy to forget which are running on what market)

If you use a Safety Servant then it can automatically start each time you open a market without you needing to do anything providing but you don't use context within the rules
leest2019

How do you restart the servant on a market that it was previously active on and has already carried out the first lot of pre race instructions?
Dallas

leest2019 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:37 pm
How do you restart the servant on a market that it was previously active on and has already carried out the first lot of pre race instructions?
The same way as you started it in the first place - but it can't just pick up where it left off, unless you had conditions to prevent some rules from triggering ie, 'number of matched bets' etc
Anbell

leest2019 wrote:
In case it isnt clear, you need to use an AUTOMATION not a servant
leest2019

Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:20 am
leest2019 wrote:
The same way as you started it in the first place - but it can't just pick up where it left off, unless you had conditions to prevent some rules from triggering ie, 'number of matched bets' etc
Yeah that's one of the issues - I had some conditions in the servant that I don't want to re run. I'll sort it and look at ways around it if needed.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”