Major Betfair issue

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Dai_Young

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:48 pm
Dai_Young wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:14 pm
Tribet1 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:49 pm
Still nothing today but I checked and I didn't start using the email they say is associated with my "second" account until 4 years after it was opened.
I think they have a major IT glitch somewhere.
Interesting. When your account first got closed did you get the 'It has come to out attention that you have more than one account registered with Betfair' email?
I did and I was 99.999% sure that I'd only ever had one account but figured it was just a generic email which they used to refer to the wider check of all flutter accounts.
Maybe there is a major glitch in their database.

Would be curious to know if anyone could change their email address on their account without getting shut down. Doubtful there'd be any volunteers to try it though :)

No contact here again either btw
That message gets automatically sent if you change your login email address, which defines your account. They treat it as another account and automatically close the old one.
Uff, that explains it. Wish I'd known two weeks ago :(
Tribet1

I'll have another go at them tomorrow,in the meantime having not used Betdaq for 8 years I'm disappointed it doesn't seem to have improved at all.
It makes trading very difficult unless it's a Prem market,the gaps between prices is awful.
I've not even bothered looking at their racing markets they must be unusable,costing me a few quid this is.
Tribet1

Well my short nightmare is over,I spoke to another CS agent who said nothing had been done since I had last spoken to someone.
He then said I had to "chat" to a safer gambling agent as they are only available by chat not on the phone.He also explained the security problem was not necessarily my new email just that changing it triggered a review of my details.
I did explain I don't have 2 accounts and that they have a major IT issue but that went in one ear and out the other.
Anyway after chatting to safer gambling again it turns out my "account was closed in error" :evil: :lol:
Good luck Dai I hope this helps you.
I'm off to have a stiff drink or two.
Last edited by Tribet1 on Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

Honestly, that is terrible on so many fronts. But at least it was sorted eventually.
Dai_Young

Tribet1 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:21 pm
Well my short nightmare is over,I spoke to another CS agent who said nothing had been done since I had last spoken to someone.
He then said I had to "chat" to a safer gambling agent as they are only available by chat not on the phone.He also explained the security problem was not necessarily my new email just that changing it triggered a review of my details.
I did explain I don't have 2 accounts and that they have a major IT issue but that went in one ear and out the other.
Anyway after chatting to the safer gambling again it turns out my "account was closed in error" :evil: :lol:
Nice one Tribet1, very pleased for you

Mines still closed. Sounds like I just need to persist until I encounter a CS agent who doesn't fob me off
Tribet1

Dai_Young wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:24 pm
Tribet1 wrote:
Anyway after chatting to the safer gambling again it turns out my "account was closed in error" :evil: :lol:

Mines still closed. Sounds like I just need to persist until I encounter a CS agent who doesn't fob me off
Cheers.
Dai you need a safer gambling agent just ask to be put through on live chat as they are the only ones that can deal with it,takes a while to get a response but stick with it.
Dai_Young

Tribet1 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:36 pm
Dai_Young wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:24 pm
Tribet1 wrote:

Cheers.
Dai you need a safer gambling agent just ask to be put through on live chat as they are the only ones that can deal with it,takes a while to get a response but stick with it.
Cheers, will do
Dai_Young

Well, unfortunately, my account remains closed. During a three hour chat I was eventually put through to a Safer Gambling agent but all they were able to say was that the verification process had not been done despite the issue being re-raised by me (twice) and my account manager..."Try again in 48 hours".

Probably give it another go tomorrow and see if I can hit upon the safer gambling agent that you encountered Tribet1
Dai_Young

Almost six weeks on from changing my email address and my account remains closed. No matter how many times this has been 'escalated' by me, the help desk or my account manager, nothing has happened. I was horrified when someone earlier in the thread mentioned eight weeks but, right now, I'd take that.
conduirez

Dai_Young wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:33 am
Almost six weeks on from changing my email address and my account remains closed. No matter how many times this has been 'escalated' by me, the help desk or my account manager, nothing has happened. I was horrified when someone earlier in the thread mentioned eight weeks but, right now, I'd take that.
It must be horrible, I feel for you.
Kai

Dai_Young wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:33 am
Hard to believe nothing has been done if you've involved your account manager

Have you tried emailing Peter Jackson (the CEO) directly?
Dai_Young

Kai wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:20 pm

No, not yet. Probably my next step.

I thought about making a complaint but I was wary that any complaint I make might be prejudicial against me in the decision to re-activate my account.
Kai

Dai_Young wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:29 pm
Kai wrote:

I thought about making a complaint but I was wary that any complaint I make might be prejudicial against me in the decision to re-activate my account.
You should definitely email him at this point, this has been going on for far too long. People have sorted worse offenses that way, several examples on the forum by now.

This one has been confirmed to work : [email protected] (not sure about [email protected]), I'd email both.

I also had the "account closed in error" issue few years back before I had an account manager, all the departments were useless until the guys at [email protected] found the vendor issue that caused it.
Dai_Young

Kai wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:57 pm
Dai_Young wrote:
Kai wrote:

You should definitely email him at this point, this has been going on for far too long. People have sorted worse offenses that way, several examples on the forum by now.

This one has been confirmed to work : [email protected] (not sure about [email protected]), I'd email both.

I also had the "account closed in error" issue few years back before I had an account manager, all the departments were useless until the guys at [email protected] found the vendor issue that caused it.

Thanks very much for that Kai, I'll give it a shot
Kai

Dai_Young wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:04 pm
Kai wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:57 pm
Dai_Young wrote:

Thanks very much for that Kai, I'll give it a shot
Godspeed, you could throw in [email protected] as well for good measure

Should read this thread for useful info if haven't already : viewtopic.php?t=22527

Return to “Betfair exchange”