Historic relative odds

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jaffas

Hi all, getting my head round this! :)

Say that I have a back bet on a greyhound and it arms 30 seconds before the start time of the race until 5 seconds after the start time of the race, and I have an historical relative odds condition that states that the back price must be lower than the backprice of the same greyhound 30 seconds ago minus 5 ticks? Does that condition fire off once only, in this case 60 seconds before the start of the race or is it in a constant ready state from that point until 5 seconds after the race start time when my bet stops?

Cheers,
Steve
Fugazi

jaffas wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:48 pm

Say that I have a back bet on a greyhound and it arms 30 seconds before the start time of the race until 5 seconds after the start time of the race, and I have an historical relative odds condition that states that the back price must be lower than the backprice of the same greyhound 30 seconds ago minus 5 ticks? Does that condition fire off once only, in this case 60 seconds before the start of the race or is it in a constant ready state from that point until 5 seconds after the race start time when my bet stops?

Cheers,
Steve

Use the AI help to ask questions like these its pretty good.

https://www.betangel.com/support/

But in answer to the question, it depends on how frequently you have it set to trigger, and the time period before you set for it to "rearm" at.

Have a go with the AI help with the prompts ideas ive just given you. If you're still stuck after that come back and ask away
jamesedwards

jaffas wrote:

Cheers,
Steve
It will trigger as soon as all conditions are met, within the bounds of timeframe, number, and frequency as set in the 'general' tab.
Capture 4.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jaffas

Use the AI help to ask questions like these its pretty good.

https://www.betangel.com/support/

But in answer to the question, it depends on how frequently you have it set to trigger, and the time period before you set for it to "rearm" at.

Have a go with the AI help with the prompts ideas ive just given you. If you're still stuck after that come back and ask away
[/quote]

Ok thanks I will try that. Very much a learner...I assume to prevent multiple bets matching multiple retriggers I set a condition to less than 1 matched bet on the market

Thanks again,
Steve
Fugazi

jaffas wrote:

Cheers,
Steve
Im a little confused if you want a bet to fire 30 seconds before, or 60 seconds before the start of the race.

In any case be aware:

Greyhounds frequently set off up to 30 seconds before off, and on rare occasions as early as 1 minute.

Also, greyhounds dont go in - play, the market just suspends. Probably because the races are so quick in-play would be open to a lot of exploitation.

Finally, from my own experience. When you test the bot, make sure to withdraw all but the bare minimum in your Betfair. You WILL make mistakes and blow the lot. I have done this many times over, you think youve got the hang of things and BOOM, a mistake in your settings just blows your account.

Trust me, you will make this error 😅 I still mess up now with bots and burn money not paying attention .

But on the plus, making bots is great fun in my opinion!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”