3% fee to deposit into my account in Australia.

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Shamrocker

Hi everyone,
I have just noticed that I am getting charged a 3% international transaction fee when I deposit into my account using my debit card. The bank says this is because the payment is getting processed by an offshore company. In the transaction detail it say's Betfair London. I have made three deposits this year and have gone back and checked and all three have a 3% fee.
Is this happening to anyone else.
Cheers
Archery1969

Shamrocker wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:16 am
Hi everyone,
I have just noticed that I am getting charged a 3% international transaction fee when I deposit into my account using my debit card. The bank says this is because the payment is getting processed by an offshore company. In the transaction detail it say's Betfair London. I have made three deposits this year and have gone back and checked and all three have a 3% fee.
Cheers
Not sure but that sounds like the Australian banking system is imposing those charges. I am in the UK and if I deposit into my account with debit card then I not charged anything.
Shamrocker

That's what I think, just checking here first to see if I am the only one before bouncing if off Betfair and then returning to my bank.
Anbell

Shamrocker wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:16 am
Hi everyone,
Cheers
Bpay is probably free

Return to “Betfair exchange”