An old newbie needing help.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jamesedwards

NotBothered wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:36 pm
derek.PNG
:lol: :lol: :lol:

None of that sort of customer support in the UK.

Is this Aus? It's amazing how much better the customer experience is in Aus vs UK.

Disappointed that I'm only trading to a 'Gold' standard. Unless they include Premium Charge as Commission Paid?
wearthefoxhat

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:51 pm
NotBothered wrote:
derek.PNG
:lol: :lol: :lol:

None of that sort of customer support in the UK.

Is this Aus? It's amazing how much better the customer experience is in Aus vs UK.

Disappointed that I'm only trading to a 'Gold' standard. Unless they include Premium Charge as Commission Paid?

Not on that list, is there one higher than Black?......
Derek27

So it's a customer service ranking? People who pay $35K a quarter get a better service than people who only pay $15K?

And the categories, you have five precious metals and they're topped with matt black paint!! I would suggest Rhodium or Iridium.

I wish they had a similar category at the tobacco kiosk, based on what you buy and how much you spend. Perhaps I wouldn't have to queue up behind the lottery louts.
boscow

hecojef928 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:21 pm
Could you share what strategies you've already tried and how they worked out? What sports are you trying to automate? What challenges are you facing with automation, and why do you think it's not delivering the results you want?
Hi, firstly thanks for replying to my post, I have tried a few of the BAF files and up to now found that the "Create a no lose trade on Fav and profit on the field" Guardian file seems to work quite well, however, in running IF it matches generally the selection is FAV and gives me zero or a slightly negative profit if it wins and higher profit if one of the others wins. What I have to do manually is hover the mouse over the trade profit area and if that gives me more profit than the selection I can click on the amount that is green in that area and green up all selections so it doesn't matter which wins I have a small profit. I would like the automation to do this for me but am not sure how to do it. Any thoughts? Also I would like the automation early on in the race to RED up if the amount I am losing is above a certain amount so I don't lose the whole amount if it can't green up, again any ideas what I could be doing please?
Many thanks,
Eric AKA boscow
Dallas

boscow wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:22 pm
hecojef928 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:21 pm
Could you share what strategies you've already tried and how they worked out? What sports are you trying to automate? What challenges are you facing with automation, and why do you think it's not delivering the results you want?
Hi, firstly thanks for replying to my post, I have tried a few of the BAF files and up to now found that the "Create a no lose trade on Fav and profit on the field" Guardian file seems to work quite well, however, in running IF it matches generally the selection is FAV and gives me zero or a slightly negative profit if it wins and higher profit if one of the others wins. What I have to do manually is hover the mouse over the trade profit area and if that gives me more profit than the selection I can click on the amount that is green in that area and green up all selections so it doesn't matter which wins I have a small profit. I would like the automation to do this for me but am not sure how to do it. Any thoughts? Also I would like the automation early on in the race to RED up if the amount I am losing is above a certain amount so I don't lose the whole amount if it can't green up, again any ideas what I could be doing please?
Many thanks,
Eric AKA boscow
Here you go
viewtopic.php?t=11488
boscow

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:35 pm
boscow wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:27 pm
Hi, to anyone willing to listen and answer. I am an oldie trying to make sense of the different automation BAF files on the forum. I have managed to download and edit various of these files, but have never been able to edit sufficiently to make these files give me a steady profit. Apart from Peter who kicked off Betangel, are there any members who are making a profit/living out of Betangel and if so are willing to give advise/help with the automation side of this wonderful piece of software?
Kind regards and thanks in anticipation,
Eric AKA bosco1951
When you're a newbie, it's a bit early to think about making a "steady profit". Many people spend over a year breaking even. It's that extra experience and knowledge gained over time that can tip the balance in your favour.
Hi, thanks for replying to my post and for the advice, can I ask do you make a reasonable living out of Betangel, it sounds like you have quite some experience at this and I am just wanting to know if I stuck with it over time could I make a reasonable monthly amount? I am interested in the automation aspect of Betangel where I would be able to get a BAF file strategy that would allow me to set a number of races in the morning and not be tied all day to my computer and just let the automation do it's thing while I get on doing other things. I am retired and thought that I would be able to have a small tax free income to supplement my state pension, do you thing that is feasible?
Kind regards,
Eric AKA boscow.
boscow

Bobajob wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:56 am
boscow wrote:
Hi, to anyone willing to listen and answer. I am an oldie trying to make sense of the different automation BAF files on the forum. I have managed to download and edit various of these files, but have never been able to edit sufficiently to make these files give me a steady profit. Apart from Peter who kicked off Betangel, are there any members who are making a profit/living out of Betangel and if so are willing to give advise/help with the automation side of this wonderful piece of software?
Eric AKA bosco1951
I have managed to download and edit various of these files, but have never been able to edit sufficiently to make these files give me a steady profit
I don't think any of these files will give you a consistent profit - treat them as 'unfinished'.
It's your job to finish them into making a consistent profit or better still coming up with your own ideas.
What files have you been editing out of interest
Hi, thanks for replying to my post, the file that I have been working on is "create a no lose trade on Fav and profit on the field" this seems to work most times but I always have to green up manually in order to get a small profit, I do this by clicking on Trade profit when it goes green with a small profit and would like the automation to do that for me if possible.
Kind regards,
Eric AKA boscow.
Derek27

boscow wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:36 pm
Derek27 wrote:
boscow wrote:
Eric AKA bosco1951
When you're a newbie, it's a bit early to think about making a "steady profit". Many people spend over a year breaking even. It's that extra experience and knowledge gained over time that can tip the balance in your favour.
Hi, thanks for replying to my post and for the advice, can I ask do you make a reasonable living out of Betangel, it sounds like you have quite some experience at this and I am just wanting to know if I stuck with it over time could I make a reasonable monthly amount? I am interested in the automation aspect of Betangel where I would be able to get a BAF file strategy that would allow me to set a number of races in the morning and not be tied all day to my computer and just let the automation do it's thing while I get on doing other things. I am retired and thought that I would be able to have a small tax free income to supplement my state pension, do you thing that is feasible?
Kind regards,
Eric AKA boscow.
In all honesty Eric, how much others make won't give any indication to what you can make. There are some traders making 7-figure sums on Betfair but it doesn't make me feel that I can be in that league. There are also traders that lose!

If you do a plumbing course, you expect to pass an exam and get a job as a plumber, unless you're completely hopeless at plumbing. But if a teenager joins a football academy, it's not a question of when he'll be a professional footballer, but if.

As I alluded to in my previous post, it's best to learn trading first and see how you get on without thinking of how much you can make a month. You can only have an idea of that once you have some success behind you. You also need to bear in mind that automation isn't entirely hands-free. Often you need to keep tweaking your automation to keep it profitable in ever-changing markets. Many botters rely on data mining and analysis, and that takes a lot of time as well.

Good luck with your botting journey. :)
Bobajob

boscow wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:41 pm
Bobajob wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:56 am
boscow wrote:
Eric AKA bosco1951
I have managed to download and edit various of these files, but have never been able to edit sufficiently to make these files give me a steady profit
I don't think any of these files will give you a consistent profit - treat them as 'unfinished'.
It's your job to finish them into making a consistent profit or better still coming up with your own ideas.
What files have you been editing out of interest
Hi, thanks for replying to my post, the file that I have been working on is "create a no lose trade on Fav and profit on the field" this seems to work most times but I always have to green up manually in order to get a small profit, I do this by clicking on Trade profit when it goes green with a small profit and would like the automation to do that for me if possible.
Kind regards,
Eric AKA boscow.
and would like the automation to do that for me if possible
Green Up in-play for a profit using automation - if it was only that simple.
Make sure you execute any strategies in 'Practice Mode' is my best advice at this point in your journey. ;)
Fugazi

boscow wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:36 pm
Derek27 wrote:
boscow wrote:
Eric AKA bosco1951
Kind regards,
Eric AKA boscow.
The things in your favour are that you are retired so you have so much more time than the majority of newbies.

The bad news is some concepts will probably be out of your reach. . Not impossible but realistically age will likely be a bit of a barrier to picking up and learning some things. But again, you have all the time in the world. And there are many ways to skin a cat, some easier than others.

Honestly ? I'm not sure this is how I would spend my retirement. I'd be making the most of the money I do have and getting out there in the world, rather than trying to accumulate more money that I may become too old to enjoy by the time I see the fruits of my labour.

Just my 2 cents anyway. Preparing to get roasted for my ageism. There are certainly many older members on here and many successful. Just my naive youthful opinion. Maybe I will feel differently when I reach the same age.
NotBothered

if that is the case then do not use any of the automations provided

and just focus on Betting either F1 or F2 and accumulate the information needed to build a simple strategy to do that.

you can combine

days since last run / form / jockeys / trainers / price / distance

price differential from F1 to F2 either to bet F1 or to bet F2 ... and then look at price the F3 would be - that allows the F1 or F2 to succeed in a greater value

then also include something like a steam or drift movement and identify the best price range to activate for a move and how large should the move be

Barring being successful doing the above -- then you would need to build a complete database and go to chatgpt with data analysis and give it the values and train it up -- then take those values and put into betangel

sounds like work it is - but this is just to get started.
NotBothered

NotBothered wrote:
derek.PNG
its only recently they put in black - they obviously look at what they are paying out vs receiving and limit the amounts they give back.

anyway I have always been at the very top of whatever is offered because I have large amounts of automation files for every race of every type all day.
Derek27

NotBothered wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:03 pm
NotBothered wrote:
derek.PNG
its only recently they put in black - they obviously look at what they are paying out vs receiving and limit the amounts they give back.

anyway I have always been at the very top of whatever is offered because I have large amounts of automation files for every race of every type all day.
And you need us to help develop your vanilla system?
NotBothered

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:31 pm
NotBothered wrote:
NotBothered wrote:
derek.PNG

I am not a Bet Angel expert - I can use anything else but BA - I find it somewhat primitive and I know the answers but sometimes everyone needs a slight help with something - I do not know everything

is there something wrong with this ?
NotBothered

NotBothered wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:19 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:31 pm
NotBothered wrote:

I am not a Bet Angel expert - I can use anything else but BA - I find it somewhat primitive and I know the answers but sometimes everyone needs a slight help with something - I do not know everything

is there something wrong with this ?
why are you even posting anything derek ? not one single thing you have said has helped anyone -- maybe go find another hobby or something.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”