Are there any trading groups?

A place to discuss anything.
beginnertrader

I've being doing sports trading with a good partner of mine, it's been pretty successful so far, was thinking of bringing in more people and build a group.
Thought that having smart people who can bring added value could lead to better results.

What do you feel about the idea of trading together?
Euler

I can't trace you as a Bet Angel customer and that screenshot you posted this morning was the same as a post that was moderated for spam last week.

If you are trying to use the forum to recruit members for a service, you will not be welcome.

If you think any of the above is an error, then sorry. But please drop a note to support to clear things up.
weemac

Aw Euler, cut a beginner trader some slack! :lol:
beginnertrader

Euler wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:46 pm
I can't trace you as a Bet Angel customer and that screenshot you posted this morning was the same as a post that was moderated for spam last week.

If you are trying to use the forum to recruit members for a service, you will not be welcome.

If you think any of the above is an error, then sorry; but please drop a note to support.
Apologies if I posted something that is not allowed here, was not the intention at all.
I'm not trying to recruit members for a service, as I don't have any service.
I have a an internal system that was built to our own trading, focusing on the things that matters to us and we didn't find solutions in other shelf products.
But this is not commercial - this our own internal way of tracking our performance.
Hepburn

We trade together in here!

Why not do a daily diary post so we can keep up with what you are doing?
beginnertrader

Hepburn wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:07 pm

That's actually a pretty good idea. I'll do it.
The problem with forums is that this is not intimate enough and people will still keep some info close to their chest.
I'm trading as part of a group, and it's a safe place we could share anything.

But, I'll pick up on your advise and share!
Michael5482

I think trading in groups is a shit idea. You'll just attract people looking for easy money and no one else, anyone with anything about them trading wise will rightly give it a big swerve because they know it'll be full of mongo's twisting on looking for todays "trades" then complain they were on 2 till 10 and can't get on or trade out coz they only get like 10 mins fag break

And how do you know how smart people are or aren't is there some type of vetting or test to pass to join like?
Euler

beginnertrader wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:03 pm
Apologies if I posted something that is not allowed here, was not the intention at all.
I have a an internal system that was built to our own trading, focusing on the things that matters to us and we didn't find solutions in other shelf products.
But this is not commercial - this our own internal way of tracking our performance.
Bottom line is you can not use the forum to recruit members, paid or otherwise. It's not an advertising platform.
beginnertrader

Euler wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:45 pm
beginnertrader wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:03 pm
Bottom line is you can not use the forum to recruit members, paid or otherwise. It's not an advertising platform.
Understood, that's not the case at all.
beginnertrader

Hepburn wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:07 pm

Here you go:
viewtopic.php?p=350992#p350992
beginnertrader

Michael5482 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:44 pm
I think trading in groups is a shit idea. You'll just attract people looking for easy money and no one else, anyone with anything about them trading wise will rightly give it a big swerve because they know it'll be full of mongo's twisting on looking for todays "trades" then complain they were on 2 till 10 and can't get on or trade out coz they only get like 10 mins fag break

And how do you know how smart people are or aren't is there some type of vetting or test to pass to join like?
I understand the concern, I think there are ways to filter out irrelevant people. But if you find similar state of minds, you could gain a lot.
Also, loneliness is a big factor in trading as well.
Michael5482

beginnertrader wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:01 pm
Michael5482 wrote:

I understand the concern, I think there are ways to filter out irrelevant people. But if you find similar state of minds, you could gain a lot.
Also, loneliness is a big factor in trading as well.
I like working alone although trading is boring, I like to be in control of everything, buck starts and stops with me no one else. You can gain a hell of a lot more and learn a lot more taking responsibility for your own ideas and actions IMO
Derek27

Michael5482 wrote:

I can see it working with people you know well, know their trading ability and perhaps each one as a different skill to contribute. But as you alluded to, appealing for members on a forum will result in people without any edge either initiating or joining the group. See this one from a few years ago. :)

viewtopic.php?p=147192#p147192
Michael5482

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:42 pm
Michael5482 wrote:

I can see it working with people you know well, know their trading ability and perhaps each one as a different skill to contribute. But as you alluded to, appealing for members on a forum will result in people without any edge either initiating or joining the group. See this one from a few years ago. :)

viewtopic.php?p=147192#p147192
Problem is you somehow have to measure peoples input/worth, maybe with 2 people in a joint venture may work but anything over and above you'll end up with different personality's wanting to go in different directions, different mindsets then you'll have the obvious one of one or two people doing most of the work, then when it goes south coz they've all done the money in it'll be round the back of the car park for a straightener if they have enough petrol money to get there :lol:
The Silk Run

weemac wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:02 pm
Aw Euler, cut a beginner trader some slack! :lol:
Yeh what's wrong with you guys. Theirs no love here any more ....
It's becoming like the Gaza Strip. God forbid.

Return to “General discussion”