5x Betfair liquidity exchange - no API. Time to act!

A place to discuss anything.
ekaspars

I'ts a well known fact that Betfair's liquidity has been steadily declining in last 5 years now. It cost a lot of traders (especially In-play traders) their careers. Me included.
But I want to get out the 9-5 rat race and be the boss of myself again. So I found this exchange that is owned by bet broker ASSIANCONNECT it is called piwiechange (piwi247) and I was stoked seeing 5x Betfair exchange liquidity. It is powered by Betfair (and I guess Pinnacle?)
It Is like Cheltenham festival every day and on every race. Is it like five exchange crammed into one?
So - what would be the first thing to do? To make an API asap.

So I wrote to the geeks toy forum (as i use it for 10+ years now) - no reply.
Wrote to Caan Berry - no reply.
Wrote to his posts on facebook - finally. So he wrote something about regulations? No idea what he was talking about since I am not from UK. But I remember there was something brewing about that in UK.
When Cheltenham comes - you make thousand and thousands pounds and where are the regulations? People still trade now and haven't been strangled by regulations. Explain me if possible and why such a
liquidity improvement in the form of piwi would be interesting and profitable for many and many traders old and new.

So - the way see it - the first one who makes an trading API for piwi will benefit greatly.
If he is a pro trader himself - he will start making 5x money he is making right now + with little advertisement he will have hundreds if not thousands subsribers of his piwi exchange APi - so - even more money.
So is Bet Angel team interested making this one?
Or the next thing I'm doing is to contact management of piwi - reason with them - and they would have to admit - that a API is a necessity.
Euler

Not sure why you thought you would have any success with those first two approaches?

Betfair do not allow Bet Angel to integrate with white label exchanges, so that's a no. But also most of these sites do not have an API and don't seem very keen on the type of business we bring to them anyhow. So with that, and development costs it's difficult to see if we, or anybody would ever had the incentive to work with them.
sionascaig

Screenshot 2024-03-11 191109.png
Screenshot 2024-03-11 191439.png
Screenshot 2024-03-11 191544.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

Just been having a look at this site.

It says "powered by Betfair" everywhere and seems to follow the Betfair prices exactly, only with seemingly always 480% of the volume available. I wonder where all the extra liquidity is coming from - doubt any of it is real peer-to-peer. Rumours online suggest they bin off profitable accounts so perhaps they are seeding their own markets using Betfair prices?

Commission is listed as 2.5%. Interestingly there is no option to lay horses. Support says that "Betfair have removed this option".
Euler

I've been introduced to many brokers, but I've never felt comfortable trusting any with my hard earned cash.
Fugazi

Was tempted by many similar "brokers" when trying to get around sports book gubbings.

Thankfully never got sufficiently tempted to deposit.

Always seemed to involve some dodgy or complex deposit/withdraw methods and some dodgy logos.
ekaspars

Well at least someone replied this time. Maybe someone knows better this time. I would'nt deposit myself if I knew this was a shady business. I did some back to lay "trading" using Orbit-x exchange via Asianconnect - wasn't any problem depositing/withdrawing.
So at the end of the day this liquidity this a dud/scam? But piwi is owned by assianconnect itself. The company has absolutelly fantastic reputation 10 years plus.
verance

Two questions that should always be asked:

Who provides the liquidity?
What will they do if you win from them?
ilovepizza82

verance wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:06 am
Two questions that should always be asked:

Who provides the liquidity?
Sicilian Mafia
verance wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:06 am
What will they do if you win from them?
Tickle your feet.
Last edited by ilovepizza82 on Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Euler

It's usually the third party that 'provides' the liquidity, i.e. they are seeding their own markets.

This is the reason exchanges that seed don't want Bet Angel style customers. Because as a whole, customers are smarter than the seeders.
jamesedwards

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I really don't think I'll be doing this...
Capture 32.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ilovepizza82

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:18 pm

Capture 32.PNG
Thosefoxpeople

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:18 pm

Capture 32.PNG
Believe it or not, they are actually legit. Well at least they were when I tested them, and yes, they used a dodgy looking email back then too lol.

I used them primarily for NSW (AU) horse racing due to the commission structure and a couple of other things. However I soon lost access to the exchange, ostensibly because of a 'site upgrade' but my access was never restored. I'm assuming I was restricted as a non profitable customer. Didn't have any problem withdrawing though.

Certainly not vouching for them though, these white labels can be risky business!

Return to “General discussion”