How to Persuade or Entice Betfair to incorporate more TPD Supported Tracks?

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
lotora

As Total Performance Data continues to expand its operations across a growing number of racetracks worldwide, does anyone have suggestions on how to persuade or entice Betfair to incorporate more tracks?
Attachments
TPD.PNG
Euler

Betfair can't inflluence this, as it's something that is driven by commercial agreements between racetracks, organisations and TPD.

So if the racetrack or organisation doesn't want to give the data to TPD or let TPD collect it. There is nothing they can do.
lotora

Euler wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:46 pm
Betfair can't inflluence this, as it's something that is driven by commercial agreements between racetracks, organisations and TPD.

So if the racetrack or organisation doesn't want to give the data to TPD or let TPD collect it. There is nothing they can do.
What I intended to convey is that, should Betfair decide against including a TPD-supported track, I wonder if there's any action we can take to sway their decision.
Euler

Same sort of issue, Betfair need an agreement in place to be able to allow betting on a particular course, region or country.
lotora

Euler wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:09 pm
Same sort of issue, Betfair need an agreement in place to be able to allow betting on a particular course, region or country.
Put simply, if there is an agreement with Betfair, betting options for that specific track will consistently be available.
jamesedwards

I was expecting Betfair to prioritise TPD tracks more than they appear to be when drawing up their programme of coverage.

This is evident in the US where Betfair will sometimes limit the number of tracks covered on busy days, presumably to protect liquidity. They could choose to select TPD tracks where they have coverage agreements over other tracks, but they don't.

Betfair covered some German tracks when worldwide racing was limited during the pandemic and kept it up for a short while afterwards. But they soon disappeared so presumably didn't attract enough volume to make it worth their while.

UAE tracks occasionally appear on the Exchange but I don't know if I've ever seen Jebel Ali.

I've never seen Century Downs covered so presumably Betfair have no commercial agreement with that track.
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:34 pm
I was expecting Betfair to prioritise TPD tracks more than they appear to be when drawing up their programme of coverage.

This is evident in the US where Betfair will sometimes limit the number of tracks covered on busy days, presumably to protect liquidity. They could choose to select TPD tracks where they have coverage agreements over other tracks, but they don't.

Betfair covered some German tracks when worldwide racing was limited during the pandemic and kept it up for a short while afterwards. But they soon disappeared so presumably didn't attract enough volume to make it worth their while.

UAE tracks occasionally appear on the Exchange but I don't know if I've ever seen Jebel Ali.

I've never seen Century Downs covered so presumably Betfair have no commercial agreement with that track.
I feel it contradicts what Peter (Euler) is saying.
jamesedwards

lotora wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:43 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

I think what Peter means is Betfair can't just put up races because they feel like it. They need commercial agreements in place with the track, and it's unlikely Betfair have the motivation to set up new contracts just because a track gets switched on for TPD. Especially given they don't even seem to prioritise TPD tracks when agreements are already in place.

You're best bet is probably to contact TPD directly to ask them what they are doing to persuade Betfair to cover more TPD tracks.
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:08 pm
lotora wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:43 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

I think what Peter means is Betfair can't just put up races because they feel like it. They need commercial agreements in place with the track, and it's unlikely Betfair have the motivation to set up new contracts just because a track gets switched on for TPD. Especially given they don't even seem to prioritise TPD tracks when agreements are already in place.

You're best bet is probably to contact TPD directly to ask them what they are doing to persuade Betfair to cover more TPD tracks.
Excellent idea! I've now contacted TPD via email: [email protected]
TPD-Zone

I can confirm that we do have regular dialogue with Betfair, however their dynamics as to what tracks they host on the Exchange clearly do not favour TPD tracks over non-TPD tracks. They also have a "ceiling" in the US and will only accommodate a certain number of tracks on any given day. We will continue to challenge them but they have every right to run their business as they see fit and whilst we do have a very good relationship with Betfair and a degree of influence, they ultimately decide these things.
jamesedwards

TPD-Zone wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:15 am
I can confirm that we do have regular dialogue with Betfair, however their dynamics as to what tracks they host on the Exchange clearly do not favour TPD tracks over non-TPD tracks. They also have a "ceiling" in the US and will only accommodate a certain number of tracks on any given day. We will continue to challenge them but they have every right to run their business as they see fit and whilst we do have a very good relationship with Betfair and a degree of influence, they ultimately decide these things.
This makes sense. Is there any chance of Betfair trialling coverage of some other countries where TPD are now present? eg Germany, UAE?
LinusP

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:59 pm
TPD-Zone wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:15 am
This makes sense. Is there any chance of Betfair trialling coverage of some other countries where TPD are now present? eg Germany, UAE?
I am seeing betfair today so I will ask and see what they say.
Euler

I declined my place to be able to trade, so you may have my place or somebody else got them.

It would be nice to catch up, but I still wont do it during a major meeting.

Enjoy your day. Say hello to Neil for me!
verance

Betfair scheduled a meeting with racing vendors on the Friday of Cheltenham? :shock:
Euler

verance wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:21 am
Betfair scheduled a meeting with racing vendors on the Friday of Cheltenham? :shock:
There is always a bit of hospitality around the major meetings. But it's obviously a PITA for me!

Liam is fully automated. I have a lot of automation running, but I still like to trade manually as well. If only to prove it's still possible.

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”