Strange bankroll swing

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Xander170885

Hello,

I've been using Betangel to imply my automated bets on in-play horse races for a number of weeks now. I have been consistently profitable with a strategy I haven't changed much since the beginning. But yesterday, suddenly, the usual downswing of my bankroll was way bigger than ever before. It was so big, that I expected something to be wrong. Losses are a part of trading, ofcourse, but If you look at my profit and loss graph you immediately see that there has been an abnormality. The suspicion is, that at some races, the "cancel all unmatched bets" order was not carried out (as I can see in the log, but when I look at the system the bets do disappear), thus remaining all the bets until the very end of the race, which is devastating for my strategy. I've restarted Betangel this morning, and so far, I don't see any abnormalities anymore (allthough the "unable to cancel bets" message is recurring) but it is too early to draw a conclusion. Any experience with this or do you have tips? Would be grateful.
Euler

Have you checked your log, that will give you a dialogue of what happened. You can see if there is any unusual in there.
ANGELS15

In addition to Peter's suggestion, go back and check the race results to see if there were any horses withrawn seconds before the off with no chance to form a new market. If this was the case you may have been hit by a R4.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”