Should there be a refund in this situation?

A place to discuss anything.
notangel

Today I traded a low-liquid market. Or I not even traded it, but simply set obviously underestimated odds in the hope of getting some value. But in the end I got caught myself. There was a goal. Someone managed to take a small part of my amount right before the goal. But it's not scary. Because the market was suspended and I was sure that the odds would be reset, as always happens after a goal. But this did not happen here, and after the market opened, someone took the entire remaining amount. I made the bet live, not before the inplay.
Can I get a refund in this situation?

Acoording to the rule
"If Betfair does not suspend a market on time for the occurrence of a Material Event (as defined in Part B of these Rules and Regulations above), Betfair reserves the right to void bets matched after the Material Event has occurred. Voiding of these bets may take place during the event or retrospectively once a game is completed."
Michael5482

I got done last month a few times, pissed me off but don't see any point in complaining to Betfair every time there's an issue. I'm sure people do though because they somehow think they've been robbed then there's those who know Betfair aren't perfect so factor it in and accept it as they think long-term.

Moan about it by all means then just learn from it and move on accepting if your taking value positions over the longterm you'll come out on top however this is a difficult concept for a lot of people to acknowledge as there possibly fixated on short term market by market/hour by hour P&L or over staking.

It's all about personal responsibility for me, it's the individual's choice who runs the bots or hits the mouse button to place a bet if you do you may not know it but your acknowledging the risk by doing so and should accept this but if your not then the tendency is to blame everyone and anything other than yourself which is a recipe for disaster IMO
notangel

Michael5482 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:57 pm
I got done last month a few times, pissed me off but don't see any point in complaining to Betfair every time there's an issue. I'm sure people do though because they somehow think they've been robbed then there's those who know Betfair aren't perfect so factor it in and accept it as they think long-term.

Moan about it by all means then just learn from it and move on accepting if your taking value positions over the longterm you'll come out on top however this is a difficult concept for a lot of people to acknowledge as there possibly fixated on short term market by market/hour by hour P&L or over staking.

It's all about personal responsibility for me, it's the individual's choice who runs the bots or hits the mouse button to place a bet if you do you may not know it but your acknowledging the risk by doing so and should accept this but if your not then the tendency is to blame everyone and anything other than yourself which is a recipe for disaster IMO

Man , I saw my bet was on the already suspended market . The bet that should have been canceled after a goal.The market was suspended for several minutes, and I didn’t watch every second because I was sure that odds should be reset after the market opened. And even if they hadn’t, there would have been a refund. Now they are freezing with some kind of check, although it is obvious that there is a violation of the rules. The market was suspended due to a goal but bets were not reset.Dot. And its also stupid that i cant cancel the bet on a suspended market. Then there would be no problem, I would cancel the bet and that’s it.
What are they checking here? It feels like Betfair himself made this bet.

If you simply ignore this situation, then the meaning of trading is lost and there is no guarantee that this will not happen all the time. The rules must be followed.
Fugazi

I understand the annoyance and you are in the right.

However, you are wasting your energy. It is better to work on making your method print so much money you dont care about the occasional shafting.
conduirez

Fugazi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:35 pm
It is better to work on making your method print so much money you dont care about the occasional shafting.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/afb89c89-a ... fd08612510
Michael5482

notangel wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:33 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:57 pm

Man , I saw my bet was on the already suspended market . The bet that should have been canceled after a goal.The market was suspended for several minutes, and I didn’t watch every second because I was sure that odds should be reset after the market opened. And even if they hadn’t, there would have been a refund. Now they are freezing with some kind of check, although it is obvious that there is a violation of the rules. The market was suspended due to a goal but bets were not reset.Dot. And its also stupid that i cant cancel the bet on a suspended market. Then there would be no problem, I would cancel the bet and that’s it.
What are they checking here? It feels like Betfair himself made this bet.

If you simply ignore this situation, then the meaning of trading is lost and there is no guarantee that this will not happen all the time. The rules must be followed.
You need to accept that Betfair aren't perfect and issues occur and people are hard done by I understand that, sometimes you benefit other times you don't that's life on Betfair. You also need to weigh up that on ocassions poor market management/re-settlements or whatever that don't go in your favour against the ones that do go in your favour (because they do and will sometimes) along with the wealth of opportunity the Betfair platform provides.

Return to “General discussion”