Red card condition

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
BusanMike85

Hi all,

I have an automation that lays the goal market in the last ten minutes of a game if certain criteria have been met. I would like to set a condition where the bet does not trigger if the game has had a red card.

How would I go about doing this?

Many thanks :D
Dallas

Betfair don't provide this type of data via the API so you'd need to scrape so the only way you can trigger a rule (or not) if there has been a red card is to scrape the data yourself from somewhere, then you could push that into Bet Angel via a Stored Value for the rule to use as a condition
conduirez

Dallas wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:11 am
Betfair don't provide this type of data via the API so you'd need to scrape so the only way you can trigger a rule (or not) if there has been a red card is to scrape the data yourself from somewhere, then you could push that into Bet Angel via a Stored Value for the rule to use as a condition
This is only a suggestion and may be something Peter and you guys have already looked at, have you looked at getting immediate information about Football and other sports from Opta Data, so many people want actual scores red cards etc.

https://www.statsperform.com/opta/

The business model will be something along the lines, that if you want this service added to your Bet Angel account then you will need a further subscription, either to yourselves or directly to Stats Perform.

I know Stats Perform, are the statisticians for the Premier League, and provide immediate data to bookmakers including Betfair.
Dallas

conduirez wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:31 am
Dallas wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:11 am
This is only a suggestion and may be something Peter and you guys have already looked at, have you looked at getting immediate information about Football and other sports from Opta Data, so many people want actual scores red cards etc.

https://www.statsperform.com/opta/

The business model will be something along the lines, that if you want this service added to your Bet Angel account then you will need a further subscription, either to yourselves or directly to Stats Perform.

I know Stats Perform, are the statisticians for the Premier League, and provide immediate data to bookmakers including Betfair.
Its something that's always under review but so far the commercial licencing costs have always far outweighed what could realistically be added to subscriptions costs.
As soon as there becomes a cost effective reliable solution it would become a top priority to implement in the following update

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”