How to Create a Risk Free Bet on Guardian

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
marky77

Hi I'm a Newbie so go easy :-)
I'm wanting to create automation rule to place a back bet 10 mins before the off, and then create a risk free bet so if the selection wins I win, but if it loses it doesnt cost me anything.
Ive created a rule:

1. Place Back Bet, 7 mins before event time up to event start time, at Best Market Price with a fixed amount.
2. There is then a condition added: "Close Trade on Selection", armed at 9 mins before start until 10 mins after start, on same selection, on the best market price.

When Ive tested the rule, it places the back bet, but then thats it. Nothing else happens. (Which is fine if the horse wins!)

Is there a further condition I need to add, or change any settings here?

Also, unrelated, I watched a few training videos on You Tube and Pete says that there are some automation templates on the forum for download. Where are these please ??

Many Thanks
Dallas

It's because your close trade bet is triggering before your back bet has been placed (and therefore doing nothing)

It needs to be armed from when you want to exit the trade (ie, 1min before the off)

Remember though its not risk free, if the price drifts and you close the trade at higher odds you will have a losing bet if that horse wins (but still win/lose nothing if any other horse wins)
marky77

Thanks - so is there another condition I can add that effectively prevents the second bet being placed if odds have drifted?
Dallas

marky77 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am
Thanks - so is there another condition I can add that effectively prevents the second bet being placed if odds have drifted?
Yes you could add a 'Close Trade profit condition' to test the profit is 'Equal to or Greater' than an entered amount £0.00
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/clo ... rofit.html

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”