"Do you gamble" - Question to get a Dr appointment

A place to discuss anything.
jamesedwards

The Establishment's obsession with gambling hits a new high.

Trying to get a doc appointment to discuss some side effects with a new medication... and they want to know whether I have a gambling problem. :lol:

Capture 50.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

F**king ridiculous
Michael5482

Doctors literally ask everything apart from what's wrong with you nowa days :lol: They've took it beyond gambling now turned into an outright attack on peoples freedoms for what is a perfectly legal past time.

Don't hold much hope when Labour get in, be allowed a 2p Lucky 15, 4 cans of alcohol free Skol and a vegan take away per week. We'll probably be allowed to go to Benidorm still as it'll be about £2,000 cheaper than a week in Skegness :lol:
Fugazi

Its likely a general screening question.

It is a good one for recognising why someone may be presenting with anxiety for example when the patient is unsure why they are overly anxious all the time.

Same for many other questions. For example if you have lower back pain, some follow up questions are:

"Does the sensation feel normal when you wipe your bum?"

"Do you still feel penetration during sex?"

The reason for these questions are to identify a loss of sensation in the genital/anal region. This is a red flag as a symptom of cauda equina which can leave you paralysed if you don't act quick. However, ask someone if they have noticed a loss of sensation on their bum, they may not consider that it is feeling different when they wipe their arse.

The gambling question should be perhaps more tailored, you wouldnt ask about wiping your arse if you didn't have back pain for example.
conduirez

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:37 am

Trying to get a doc appointment to discuss some side effects with a new medication... and they want to know whether I have a gambling problem. :lol:

Capture 50.PNG
I wonder if someone jokingly put yes on this form, whether there will be repercussions later when they try to deposit money with a bookmaker when affordability checks are brought in.
Derek27

conduirez wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:09 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:37 am

Capture 50.PNG
I wonder if someone jokingly put yes on this form, whether there will be repercussions later when they try to deposit money with a bookmaker when affordability checks are brought in.
They'll probably share your full medical records with the Gambling Commission!
Naffman

Absolutely crazy isn’t it!

I logged back into Coinbase to see how much I could deposit into Crypto as a few weeks back it was fluctuating between 0-800 £’s, now it’s £4400 per day. And if I wanted to buy an expensive car this afternoon nothing would stop me doing so, people need to be accountable for their own actions.
firlandsfarm

Naffman wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:12 pm
And if I wanted to buy an expensive car this afternoon nothing would stop me doing so
Don't be so sure of that. I was arranging a transfer from my Lloyds account to purchase a classic car. I was asked what the transfer was for and when I said that was not relevant (I was transferring funds in credit, not a loan) I was told they would not make the transfer until I answered the question. When I did I was met with a barrage of other questions. Had I seen the car, did I have a professional report on the condition, was the car in my possession, had I seen the seller at their home ... it was amazing. It was only when I threatened to make a formal complaint to their Chairman and report them to as many regulators as I could find that they agreed to make the transfer.
paspuggie48

Michael5482 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:05 am
Don't hold much hope when Labour get in, be allowed a 2p Lucky 15, 4 cans of alcohol free Skol and a vegan take away per week. We'll probably be allowed to go to Benidorm still as it'll be about £2,000 cheaper than a week in Skegness :lol:
Nowt wrong with Skeggie, then again it's been 47 years since I was last there :D
Naffman

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:05 pm
Naffman wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:12 pm
And if I wanted to buy an expensive car this afternoon nothing would stop me doing so
Don't be so sure of that. I was arranging a transfer from my Lloyds account to purchase a classic car. I was asked what the transfer was for and when I said that was not relevant (I was transferring funds in credit, not a loan) I was told they would not make the transfer until I answered the question. When I did I was met with a barrage of other questions. Had I seen the car, did I have a professional report on the condition, was the car in my possession, had I seen the seller at their home ... it was amazing. It was only when I threatened to make a formal complaint to their Chairman and report them to as many regulators as I could find that they agreed to make the transfer.
Going into the bank and trying to pay someone is like being treated as a criminal. I lost my card so had to go in-store to transfer a deposit to my solicitor, she pretty much refused and I had to get the manager to override her.

But if I went to VW today and wanted a car/van, as long as the ML checks came back OK they'd sell it to me there and then if they could.
Michael5482

paspuggie48 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:24 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
Nowt wrong with Skeggie, then again it's been 47 years since I was last there :D
Long time since I've been as well but if it's like any other week away in the UK it'll be an arm and a leg
conduirez

Michael5482 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:12 pm
paspuggie48 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:24 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
Long time since I've been as well but if it's like any other week away in the UK it'll be an arm and a leg
The beer prices in Butlins when I was last there were quite dear, until I went to Butlins Bogner about 3 months later. Skeggie wins every time the accommodation was the same, the entertainment was the same, the food the same why pay more, plus the fish and chip shops were good.
conduirez

I tell you what, we could have a Bet Angel weekend at Butlins Skegness, it would be interesting to meet a few people and talk to people face to face, the Aussie guys could do the Goldcoast, I would like to meet a few of them as well. Hey you north America guys how about Vegas. Europeans could do Prague, I would not mind that, great place for the beers.
sniffer66

I just phoned at 8am, as I think I have a chest infection, 2nd in the queue, and have a face to face appointment at 10:10 am. No questions about gambling.

I think I might buy a lottery ticket today though
ANGELS15

Fugazi wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:51 pm
Its likely a general screening question.

It is a good one for recognising why someone may be presenting with anxiety for example when the patient is unsure why they are overly anxious all the time.

Same for many other questions. For example if you have lower back pain, some follow up questions are:

"Does the sensation feel normal when you wipe your bum?"

"Do you still feel penetration during sex?"

The reason for these questions are to identify a loss of sensation in the genital/anal region. This is a red flag as a symptom of cauda equina which can leave you paralysed if you don't act quick. However, ask someone if they have noticed a loss of sensation on their bum, they may not consider that it is feeling different when they wipe their arse.

The gambling question should be perhaps more tailored, you wouldnt ask about wiping your arse if you didn't have back pain for example.
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the officials behind all these new approaches are seeing their GPs because they have pain while farting as they're so tight arsed.

Return to “General discussion”