Power Query - PGA Tournament Scorecards

paspuggie48

A long long time ago Peter set me a challenge to get Players Scorecard results for each round, in particular for the Classics.

I was close but in all honesty I just couldn't quite get it to work, especially if some rounds were delayed etc.

However, in line with a previous post 'Power Query - PGA Tournament Results' viewtopic.php?t=29093 I managed to solve the problem and as far as I can see it works as per my testing for The Masters last week, even for "live" updates.

PGA Tournament Scorecards.xlsx

Basically it uses a similar process to get the URL for all the Players in the Tournament and then a function is used which gets the relevant round's Scorecard results.

pgatournament.png

It works by using the URL on the Tournaments worksheet to get a list of all the Golfers who played in the event and then a function is applied to get their scorecards.

pgatournament1.png

Again, if one wants to add more Tournaments and records then follow the comment from the previous post viewtopic.php?t=29093

Should be self-explanatory :D

Note: this one is a biggie and can take 10-15mins to download all the Scorecards for every Player of every round, so bear with it (even if it is "not responding")
Note: this workbook only contains the results for 2024. I have already done this for other years but because it is 1MB I cannot attach it. So, I'll post other years results after this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paspuggie48

After selecting a Tournament from the pull-down menu, I right-clicked on the Table and selected "Refresh". After it finished refreshing I copied the output into the HistoricResults worksheet.

The attached documents contain the results for 2021, 2022 & 2023.
PGA Tournament Scorecards 2021.xlsx
PGA Tournament Scorecards 2022.xlsx
PGA Tournament Scorecards 2023.xlsx

Open them and copy and paste the data from the HistoricResults worksheets and add them to the original Power Query solution workbook (above). This way you'll have over 9,000 records.

Once complete you can use the tool to either collect more historic data or use for future Tournaments.

The Course Name and Specific Hole-by-Hole Par data is for info, you can add it or leave those I left blank if required.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Excel Power Query”