Trading dogs

We've gone to the dogs.
virgilv

Ive been trading for quite a while on dogs and my feeling is that betfair bots and traders are hunting for traders. Everytime i enter they push me in other direction. Also they are keeping odds and are no gaps. This is a good thing for bettors but for traders is bad. Was wondering how others deal with this or their bots are only against me?
Archery1969

virgilv wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 2:04 pm
Ive been trading for quite a while on dogs and my feeling is that betfair bots and traders are hunting for traders. Everytime i enter they push me in other direction. Also they are keeping odds and are no gaps. This is a good thing for bettors but for traders is bad. Was wondering how others deal with this or their bots are only against me?
My bot offers odds to the market which are very bad value for traders and bettors.

There are now hundreds of bots doing similar things on the dogs.

I would think it’s very difficult to make consistent profits trading or straight betting on them unless you can identify early value.

There is a well known bot or person that dumps significant monies into the market to push prices where he or she wants them to go. They normally operate on A1 to A6 races and enter at the 1 minute mark.
virgilv

To be fair i doubt is about value anymore. As it seems the dog that is backed in last 30 seconds is winning most of time( if is on good form,then better). And the dog that is fav and drifts in last 30 seconds, is not winning, even if is in good form. Is not like in past when dogs are running on its merits. Now if a dog is backed or drifts in last 30 secs, is what matter most. Probably the guy that is doing that in last minute is just trying to make some diversity, because is very clear when a dog is back or drift...
Archery1969

virgilv wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:10 pm
To be fair i doubt is about value anymore. As it seems the dog that is backed in last 30 seconds is winning most of time( if is on good form,then better). And the dog that is fav and drifts in last 30 seconds, is not winning, even if is in good form. Is not like in past when dogs are running on its merits. Now if a dog is backed or drifts in last 30 secs, is what matter most. Probably the guy that is doing that in last minute is just trying to make some diversity, because is very clear when a dog is back or drift...
There is no point backing the heavily backed dog in the final 30 or 20 seconds if its odds should be 3 and your backing it at 1.50, long term you will make a loss.

Your maths don’t/wont add up as I have seen many heavily backed dogs in open races (OR) that have failed to win. They usually go sub 2.0 in BF odds with £30k plus being dumped on them etc.
virgilv

Thx for your answers m8. I was speaking about those dogs that are backed slowly not about gamblers. Heavy fav backed are working all the time only on Harlow ;)
Pay attention on those 30k,what kind of money are on last 30 secs. You will see they drift.
Last edited by virgilv on Mon May 06, 2024 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archery1969

virgilv wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:40 pm
Thx for your answers m8. I was speaking about those dogs that are backed slowly not about gamblers. Heavy fav backed are working all the time only on Henlow ;)
Pay attention on those 30k,what kind of money are on last 30 secs. You will see they drift.
All good. 👍

I don’t do that kind of betting/trading anymore. I moved into the market making setup sometime ago. As long as someone takes my very bad back/lay price offers then I all good etc.

🤠
Fugazi

Doesn't matter how many automations and bots are on the market.

Figure out how they work and you can abuse them.
virgilv

You can only do this if they are not betfair bots.
Fugazi

virgilv wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:40 pm
Thx for your answers m8. I was speaking about those dogs that are backed slowly not about gamblers. Heavy fav backed are working all the time only on Henlow ;)
Only on Henlow - any theory as to why this may be?

If no theory, it could be backfitting
virgilv

Young dogs backed by trainers. You will see like a race per week. Sry wanted to say Harlow not Henlow
virgilv

Fugazi at Crayford when are less than 0 degree, only trap 1,2 and maximum 3, are winning, because track is more frozen on outside.Want to tell more?

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”