Betfair account closed permanently.

A place to discuss anything.
xtrader16

Hello,

I got home looking to trade the PSG v Dortmund game last night and tried to log in as usual. I then get a message saying my account has been permanently deactivate because BETFAIR believe I self excluded on 12th July 2016......I do not know where they got this information from. They made it up.

Eight years later, out of the blue, Betfair close my account. WTF. Then they say they cannot re-open it because I permanently self excluded in 2016. Are they out of their minds?

I doubt this has happened to anybody before but if so let me know think I can get this resolved. I've been a customer for over 20 years.

Unbelievable.
Euler

If you self excluded with any company that is now part of flutter. The regulator has indicated that they need to exclude you at other products in the group. This is probably why it has happened.
xtrader16

I have never self excluded from anywhere. NEVER.

They are claiming I self excluded in July 2016 on the account I've used everyday. It has took them 8 years to make this crazy accusation. Totally out of the blue. It is my primary Betfair account they are saying I did this with.

I just don't understand them at all. They have just invented the whole thing.
weemac

Years ago I self excluded from BF's gaming and virtuals prior to 2FA because these avenues were how crooks were emptying accounts. Did you ever do something like that?

Ask them to show you evidence like my screenshot of the Safer Gambling section (since you can't see it yourself) to prove that you actually did self-exclude.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

weemac wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:36 pm
Years ago I self excluded from BF's gaming and virtuals prior to 2FA because these avenues were how crooks were emptying accounts. Did you ever do something like that?

Ask them to show you evidence like my screenshot of the Safer Gambling section (since you can't see it yourself) to prove that you actually did self-exclude.
I also did this for the same reasons.
foxwood

Be interesting to see what they would come up with in regard to a Subject Access Request under GDPR which has to include all data that can lead to your identification including stuff like being named in an internal email or implied by account number. Doubt if they are exempt in any way.
Safeway

I have never self-excluded from any account with any firm.

Around a year ago Betfair suspended my account saying I had self-excluded from an account with PaddyPower.
I did have a PP account and had accessed it just before both my BF and PP account were suspended.

It took around two weeks of numerous calls and chats to get the accounts back. I was finally advised by an intelligent sounding guy that the reason for the problem was that BF/PP had applied the 'self-exclude' marker TO THE WRONG PERSON. That bit I certainly believe.

Anything can happen - keep at it mate you should get there.

Return to “General discussion”