excel rules/commands

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
mister man

guys n gals

im trying to get togrips with auto trading...

is their a list of the excel rules/commands and what they do, anywhere.
ive looked in the betangel manual etc, but only a few seem to be detailed.
can anyone tell me where to look for the definitive list and explanation of these.

any help appreciated, thanks all
mister man

oh well, some fall on stoney ground
npatel999

Your question is a bit too broad for it to be answered properly. Bet Angel manual assumes some basic knowledge of Excel and concentrates more on the use of Bet Angel software itself. Even then BA has been going through some changes so BA manual could be slightly out of date.

You can try the following link which give you a list of Excel commands but I doubt that this is what you're asking for:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel ... 04211.aspx

Most people would be using vlookup and if statement formulae so you may want to look up the uses for those.

You may want to specify as to what exactly you want to achieve and some people may be able to help.
BeatTheHouse

I can't tell you how many hours I have spent trying to find out how to get excel to calculate certain things for me . . . only to find out after the many hours that the system I had delevoped, once tested, would end up losing me money :lol:

But half the fun is in the journey so have a bit of a play around see what you come up with. 8-)

The in-built help files help a bit with syntax, but if you find it a bit confusing--and believe me some codes can be hard to navigate at first, like the "HYPERGEOMIDST" :shock: -- try typing the code you want to use into google, you will often find examples and more detailed and helpful explanations than on the Microsoft website.

Just remember, if you are trying to experiment with strategy, that excel and other computer programs use mathematic rules to work things out, there's no artificial intelligence, so if you want a completely automated system it can be messy to try and code something like "back the second favourite every race as long as the jockey is wearing blue" (not that I recommend that strategy!) without any user imput.
mister man

ok thanks ill try all that, and thanks for the response.

i assume that like most people im after back/lay if certain conditions are met in certain markets (blue is not part of the plan !!)

i thought as Ba makes a big thing of excel they may have produced a definitive or most commonly used excel commands with ba document to help people on their way.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”