At The Races presenter

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Iron

Who's the female presenter on At The Races this afternoon?

She sounds lovely! Give me her over Big Mac any day! :)

Jeff
Corker

Emily, she sounds better than she looks and is dating a Meerkat.
Iron

Corker wrote:Emily, she sounds better than she looks and is dating a Meerkat.
Is it Emily Jones?

If so, I read this story about her:

Pigeon fancier takes Emily for a ride

Emily Jones, amateur rider and At The Races pundit, is and now big into the equine transport business, having bought a two-horse box, And she’s been pretty busy at the wheel lately in her purple-and-orange-liveried vehicle.

Last week, she received a call from a man who said his own van had broken down and could she transport 50 racing pigeons from Winchester to Skegness on Sunday for a championship race? "It's all pretty basic," he said. "If you take the partition out, they'll fit in nicely in their cages."

He continued explaining some of the intricacies of pigeon transportation. "But there is one thing," he stressed. "One of these birds is pigeon racing's equivalent of Dawn Run: she's going for her fourth championship but she's a bad traveller. She'd have to sit on the front seat next to you. She also needs 24-hour surveillance, so I wouldn't want anyone to know you're moving them."

From the start, Emily had harboured a doubt about this being a genuine call, but after he had massaged her ego – "I know you'd do the job well" – and offered her a grand, she pretty much bit his arm off and agreed to it. For "obvious security reasons", he said he'd ring her back on Saturday with a postcode from where she should collect the birds, and she awaited the call.

However, there's nothing more dangerous at the moment than a car-full of bored jump jockeys on a long journey back from the races, looking for a wind-up. The architect of the fanciful pigeon story was conditional jockey Kevin Tobin, who, for his colleagues' amusement, had the phone on loudspeaker.

"The bastards," reflected Emily later.

Return to “Chill Out Area”