How is your Betfair connection today?

A place to discuss anything.
mugsgame

same here, now I can't log into BA. The website is ok and the prices are changing. I tried to connect on mode 1 incase it was the API, but can't log in :(
Iron

The guy on ATR just said 'If you follow the situation with Betfair, I'm sure they'll keep you up to date'.

He said it with a straight face - either it was brilliant deadpan humour, or he doesn't use Betfair much!

Jeff
marqasa

I've just been having a look at Betdaq Angel as BF is a no go! Dabbled with small stakes but a little put off by the lack of functionality! Would be nice if one day BA and BDA come together for the subsciption price and are developed equally! ;)
Iron

Surprisingly, nearly £590K was matched on the 13:45 at Ayr, which is quite high considering Betfair is more or less impossible to trade on at present!

Jeff
AReasonedView

Short priced fav always increases matched volumes
johnboy

Have just put lay bet out of money via BA. Bet immediately accepted, could not cancel or green out and log says unable to place bet but bet accepted by Betfair and shown accepted on website just stuck unable to do anything.
Johnboy
Iron

I'd recommend going on the Betfair website and looking at your current bets, to clarify what the situation is.

Jeff
johnboy wrote:Have just put lay bet out of money via BA. Bet immediately accepted, could not cancel or green out and log says unable to place bet but bet accepted by Betfair and shown accepted on website just stuck unable to do anything.
Johnboy
Euler

AReasonedView wrote:Short priced fav always increases matched volumes
That is correct. You can't compare one race with another without taking into account it's pricing.
Iron

Fair comment.

The 14:05 Wolverhampton had £306K matched on it after the matched had ended. How does that compare with how much money would normally be matched on a similar race?

Jeff
Euler wrote:
AReasonedView wrote:Short priced fav always increases matched volumes
That is correct. You can't compare one race with another without taking into account it's pricing.
Backpalm

Ferru123 wrote:Sometimes Betfair is more like Fawlty Towers than a stock market listed company! :lol:

Jeff
freddy wrote:I would leave well alone for a while if i was you,
the site is fecked after there so called upgrade this morning.
I must be Manuel, cause I'm from Barcelona. :mrgreen:
Euler

Ferru123 wrote:does that compare with how much money would normally be matched on a similar race?
In the 14:15 I would expect around £800k to be matched at post time. £245k at post today.
Iron

Interesting - That supports the view that the majority of money on Betfair relates to traders.

Jeff
Euler wrote:
Ferru123 wrote:does that compare with how much money would normally be matched on a similar race?
In the 14:15 I would expect around £800k to be matched at post time. £245k at post today.
Euler

Back in 2003 Betfair released some figures that showed around 50% of the volume was related to people who did something other than just backing or laying.
Corker

Matched bets are still quite high, could it be that Betfair are somehow involved in the market? There is too much money for just ordinary bettors. Who bets 10,000's on a rubbish race on a Monday?
Iron

It could partly be the bookies balancing their books.

Jeff
Corker wrote:Matched bets are still quite high, could it be that Betfair are somehow involved in the market? There is too much money for just ordinary bettors. Who bets 10,000's on a rubbish race on a Monday?

Return to “General discussion”