Football trading on the ladder

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Tyramhall

Hi everybody

recently i have been scalping the correct scores on the ladder interface with some decent success.
my question is, if im scalping the 0-0 score line and i enter a back trade at say 8 and as the game goes on the odds drop giving me some potential trade profit, what would happen if i put a stop loss in a tick above the current odds and a goal is scored and the market is suspended?
would i automatically lose any trade profit or would BA stop the loss at my stop loss?

Paul.
mugsgame

2 things

1) when the market suspends after an event (goal or sending off) all bets are cancelled and the market readjusts itself. The stop loss would be ineffective as the odds are decaying (going down). As soon as the there is a goal you lose all your profit (and stake if you haven't got a positive position)

2) If you are crazy enough to use a stop loss in this way, 1 tick would be 2 tight, you would constantly be "stopped out" due to natural market progression.

Be careful scalping correct scores, there is no room for error. Try the unders/ over markets. Plenty of liquidity to "get out". Always leave a goal buffer. so 1.5 if 0 - 0, 2.5 if 1 goal etc. If you get caught there is always another opportunity to get out.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”