Trading Profit Calculator

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Freegear

Hi there

Is there a profit calculator(or a calculation), that can work out profit or loss when trading a market?

ie Stake £10, Back at 13, Lay to exit at say 6.8. What is the profit?

I need to work out a hedge for a strategy I am working on.

Apologies for the newbie question.

Many thanks

Richard
kurgan

Hi Freegear

Try Chromaweb.
But, the calculation is: Divide the first bet by the second bet and multiply it by the first stake, the result is your second stake.
i.e. Lay £100 at 3.26 and Back at 3.7, the second (Back) bet is £88.10 for a profit of £11.89. Any difference in the calculation is in the rounding.
May all your positions be so profitable.
The Chromaweb calculator will tell you if have got it wrong.

Best of

Kurgan.
lilgreenback

Hi

You could always go to settings click edit settings, click on "ladder" and select "show traded profit" then save the settings. The ladder will show the traded profit or loss.

There is also "traded profit calculator" which you can use left over the "market overview" button. That will possible show you what you are after.
Freegear

Hi guys

That is exactly what I was after. Chromaweb looks a small and handy bit of software.

Many thanks for the response.
Euler

You can do this on the spreadsheet on Bet Angel and get it updating live if you want. It's not difficult, if you look in the spreadsheet section there are a number of spreadsheets in there to hedge your profits or calculate certain values.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”