How do I lay a whole book a % margin prices

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
DjGrizzlyPaws

Please advise.

I do NOT want to lay at the back price or the lay price. I do NOT want to just change the price of one selection to create a margin. I want to change all the prices in one go. I thought that was what a bookmaking function was for I can set all the prices according to my chosen margin. I do not want to have to go through changing every selection manually as I presume the software was here to do this for me.

So for example I want to lay all the selections at 30% less than the current back price.

How do I do this? I can't find a function for it and it's a really simple function?? :cry:
CaerMyrddin

In the bookmaking tab you can set your margin, or your profit acording to your stake.
jackio

A very good idea DJ.
Lagos

yes, I think that would be useful.

How do we put it forward to admin?
DjGrizzlyPaws

CaerMyrddin wrote:In the bookmaking tab you can set your margin, or your profit acording to your stake.
thanks for the replies. Yes I can set a profit, but it still only lets me lay at a price way too high which is useless for my strategy. I thought the idea of bookmaking software was u could choose your overall liability and lay prices automatically without having to type everything in manually. What's the point of that? I can type it in manually on Betfair and it displays my liability!!

Where is the function for this? Surely it's included in bookmaking software!?! :geek:
to75ne

do you mean a "button" you press so you are laying the field for a 30% over round with respect to the current prices on offer for example, withoutout any manual input in deciding which runners are going to be shorter, which ones longer etc. just knock 30% off the book in proportion to the number of runners?
Euler

It could be implemented but for the meantime it would be quite easy to do in the spreadsheet function.
PeterLe

DJ - If you do get this up and running I would suggest that you use the practice mode..
I'm fairly sure this would have return a profit about three/four years ago, but with the introduction of XM it would be very tight trying to make this profitable these days??
..but as ever always worth testing the theory

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”