Failed to deposit but my money have left my account...???

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
enzabella2009

Hi, all
I have just deposited 2k on one of my betfair accounts, the process have failed to deposit but they money have vanished from my VISA account. I have just spoke to betfair, they don`t know what happened to my money. I am waiting a call back from my visa account. I will keep you inform....Be very caution...
mugsgame

If you can prove the money has left your account and was sent to Betfair by your bank, and that the money did not reach your BF account, I suggest that you are on 10 feet of concrete.

If you buy a product and do not receive it then you are legally entitled to a refund. Your bank should help you with this.
BF cannot hide behind their "It's your responsibility" BS
enzabella2009

It was very quick.
Betfair contacted me saying to wait 24hours but while I was talking to them my money reappeared on my visa account minus £180. I have tryed to deposit the remaining £1820 and successfully went throw.. I just need to find out what happened to the £180 now...I never seen that before..how wierd..
mugsgame wrote:If you can prove the money has left your account and was sent to Betfair by your bank, and that the money did not reach your BF account, I suggest that you are on 10 feet of concrete.

If you buy a product and do not receive it then you are legally entitled to a refund. Your bank should help you with this.
Alpha322

enzabella2009 wrote:It was very quick.
Betfair contacted me saying to wait 24hours but while I was talking to them my money reappeared on my visa account minus £180. I have tryed to deposit the remaining £1820 and successfully went throw.. I just need to find out what happened to the £180 now...I never seen that before..how wierd..
mugsgame wrote:If you can prove the money has left your account and was sent to Betfair by your bank, and that the money did not reach your BF account, I suggest that you are on 10 feet of concrete.

I made/make my deposits direct from Bank account much safer
jimrobo

Its going to be a payment problem. IE somethng wasn't put on the transfer and they couldn't send it and its been returned minus the charges. Just need to confirm what the problem was and prove it wasn;t your error but banks and claim your 180 pounds back.
enzabella2009

Thank you for the advice. I will do that 2morrow morning..
jimrobo wrote:Its going to be a payment problem. IE somethng wasn't put on the transfer and they couldn't send it and its been returned minus the charges. Just need to confirm what the problem was and prove it wasn;t your error but banks and claim your 180 pounds back.
convoysur

Hi
What a world it would be if betfair offered credit cards,,
what a mess it would be,,,lol...
Marc
PeterLe

HI
You could also ask your bank for a transaction reference number (unique identifier) and then email Betfair (do it in writing so you have a record). I feel fairly confident you won't lose out here
Regards
Peter
enzabella2009

Tx all for your replys.
MY biggest concern was the 2K gone. As soon my money returned I started to think more clear. I think they charged me for the transaction like Jimrobo suggested. As soon they recieve the reference code I should recieve the remaining £180.
PeterLe wrote:HI
You could also ask your bank for a transaction reference number (unique identifier) and then email Betfair (do it in writing so you have a record). I feel fairly confident you won't lose out here
Regards
Peter
jimrobo

I'd physically ask for a copy of the wire transfer and ask them what the returning error was.

You will need to speak to the payments team though rather than a normal customer service person.

Return to “Betfair exchange”