elapsed time of a soccer match

Help improve Bet Angel.
corbus

Not sure whether this is a bug to be fixed or a required improvement.
No use, in a soccer match, to know that we are 1-1 if we don't know which minute of the match we are at. Now it seems to me that the clock of the elapsed time only starts counting from the moment the event is called in the Guardian and we start observing it, regardless of when the kick off happened, so it doesn't give an absolute value. I was trading on the O/U 4.5 and decided to watch other odds such as the 3.5, so I loaded them in and saw that the time elapsed clock started again, which of course didn't make sense because it was the same event...
The way I trade, the time elapsed is of vital importance and it would be nice to know that this bit of data is reliable.

Cheers
Ennio
Euler

The start time of an event is in the spreadsheet so you can compare a current time value with that to derive how far into a match you are. I think you can also trigger bets based upon event start time and most matches do have puntual start times so that should suffice also, unless I have mis-understood the question?
chipping

You are right Corbus. I have noticed that the in-play timer only works reliably withthe advanced automation if the market is in your guardian prior to the event starting. You get some funny results if you load into Guardian markets that are already in play as the in play timer starts at 0:00:00
convoysur-2

hi
ive always wondered about the timer also. but its not the same with all football,some the timer is dead on the time ,and others it just starts when i switch to the market,is there a way to fix it so when i switch markets the timer will give me the time from the start of in play ??
Marc
Apex

Hi guys please can you help me I am currently dutching the correct score market prior to kick off and then going to the one click screen hoping to green out as time elapses and my position gets stronger, however the trade profit column keeps showing n/a and im at a loss to what im doing wrong?

Would appreciate a response.

Thanks Apex.
Apex

Sorted I have found the information I was looking for.

Thanks Apex.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The in-play timer starts when the market is first noticed as in-play by Bet Angel, so the best approach is to add the soccer matches to Guardian before they turn in-play. We can't really use the predicted start time as although it may be suitable for soccer it would be unhelpful with all other sports. It would also make the timer less accurate for the users that have pre-loaded their soccer markets into Guardian. Betfair don't publish an 'actual' start time of an event via the API, so the most accurate approach is to note a market turning from pre-off to in-play.

It might be more suitable for your rules if you were to base the 'Rule Trigger Times' as 'Relative to event start time' rather than 'Relative to in-play time' as that'll base the timings around betfair's predicted start time of an event rather than your in-play timer.

Return to “Suggestions”