Little addition to Dutching/Bookmaking

Help improve Bet Angel.
Savage

I was reading the (wonderful) Betangel's User Guide, and came across the Dutching/Bookmaking section. Altough it's a feature i rarely use (at least not at the moment), i think, looking at the example given in the Manual, there's a little option that could be added to minimize the risks of betting this way.
Here is the example from the User Guide:
Bet-Angel-QRG-108.jpg
Looking at the above Bookmaking example, let's assume that the lay on the favorite gets matched soon after being launched at the market, but the lay on the not-favorite just sits there for a while (since usually the most money activity takes place on the favorites, i think that would be normal). But, after a while someone lays the not-favorite at 18, then at 19, the 20, and our bet gets less and less chances of being matched. That means we are about to lose money since we successfully layed the absolute favorite and didn't manage to lay the other option.
So i was thinking in a way to minimize this risk, and i think it could be minimized greatly if there would be an option to save the bets to the saved bets tab instead of launching them directly to the market. If that could be done, then i could fire the lay on the not favorite first, and only launch the other bet after the bet with the least chances of being matched got matched.
That way, all the calculations would already be done, and i would just manage the order in which the bets enter the market.

Sorry for my bad english, and keep up the excellent work!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mugsgame

So you read the user guide and came up with this?

How many times have you actually used this feature and encountered this problem?

Part of the skill of using this tool is factoring in enough percentage margin to be able to change prices to get them matched.
If you think you will get ALL of your bets matched at the price you have asked for, whichever way you put them into the market is unlikely.

In your example you show you can do this already. Why you would want to God only knows.
At 1.05 there is little movement of odds in a 2 runner market in all honesty. If you put the money in the queue in will sooner or later get matched. In most 1.05 markets there is usually much more money in the queue and will take longer to get matched.

All you have to do it fire in the bets. Save bets and then cancel one of them. The submit it when you want to. Seems bonkers to me :D

Return to “Suggestions”