Fat finger trade

gazuty

Inadvertently applied one of my football bots to some horse races I didn't see sitting in guardian. (I had used the apply rules to all markets function).

Bots placed back bets 1 tick above best price on the favourite (what they are set to do on football). (The bots usually end up implementing a market making strategy).

The races were provincial Australian races during the Australian night time (ie. very uninteresting) and it was about an hour or so pre the off. So there was very very little matched volume and a huge spread between the back and lay sides.

Anyway, what surprised me was how quickly these mistake bets were matched (ie immediately). So I had the sad task of unwinding them. Somebody (or somebody's bot) was just sitting there waiting and bang pocketed up those two mistakes in under one second. I had been hoping they might have sat there unmatched and I could have got in and cancelled them. But no, I paid for not being diligent and double checking what I had loaded up in Guardian.

Vigilance saves money.
PeterLe

Well, lets hope this last race wasn't caused by your bot...traded at 1000 ....and won :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

Amazing. That wasn't me thank goodness but looks like a good illustration of fat fingers or a bot gone mad or a HAL 9000 off the rails.

Return to “Australian”