About the new 1.32 Beta

Help improve Bet Angel.
Savage

Excellent work on the new Beta. The new Watch List feature seems great! Very smart feature indeed... I think i will buy a new screen just for it. :-)

Now, just a question and a bug (our a annoying new feature) :mrgreen:

Is there a way to save a watch list on exit like the guardian markets? Since there are 5 possible Watch Lists, it might be useful to populate them beforehand and save them.

Why is there, on ladder screen, a floating book %, and how do i get it out of there? :shock:
I normally use the enhanced ladder, therefore i don't need another book % indicator... Also, if i right-click it i have a customize menu, and i can't clear any of the check boxes on it... I want to see that area of the screen green, not red! :lol:
Any way to remove it?
Thanks.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thanks for your comments - glad you like the new Watch List - we're using it a lot ourselves!

You can't currently save the contents of the watch lists. We thought they'd be a bit more transient than that and didn't want stale lists of out of date markets being loaded by accident. However if there's enough demand for their contents to be saved we can do so when the Guardian markets are saved.

> Why is there, on ladder screen, a floating book %, and how do i get it out of there?

It has been requested by a number of users over the last year - for the ones that don't enhance the ladder. You can't currently turn it off, but as nothing vital will be placed on that 'Information' toolbar, we'll add an option to allow it to be hidden and that choice will be remembered when you save the screen layout.
Fidib665

Hi,
since I installed the v32, BetAngel is always asking me before closing the window whether I really want to close. Anywhere, I can turn this security popup off?
Thx, F
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Yes, you need to switch off 'Confirm the exit of Bet Angel' on the Behaviour page of the Settings window. You can then save those settings under a name of your choice and select those named settings from the log-on screen next time you start Bet Angel.

The log-on screen will remember which settings file you selected last time you logged on, so once you've been through the process once, you won't have to worry about it again.
sprinter

Watch List and a confirm before closing button! Two very very useful additions. Thank you most kindly dear sir! The watch list is fantastic and will be a huge asset. I havent tried it live yet but it really does look incredible. Very smooth indeed.

Can I be very cheeky and ask for one extra addition before this version leaves beta? I still have not found an easy way to add some of the more obscure markets for just individual leagues or competitions.

For example, I would like to work on the half time score markets, but just for premier league and bundesliga. At the moment, the only way to do this is to search for half time score, add all themarkets, and then manually keep the ones I want. For some reason "premier" and "half time score" or any similar combination produces no results.

If i go to the search markets tool though, I can find fixtures organised by league, and then date. Is it somehow possible to have an "add all to guardian" at one of the upper levels, like there is n the soccer tab? or else a way to add specific markets to the context menu for soccer? eg add all half time score or add all wincast etc
the third option would be to have a nested search, where one could search for the first term eg "premier league", and then search the results of that for "half time score"?

Very complicatd I know, but would be very helpful.

Apart from that though, thanks a million. Very impressive upgrade all round!
dohrayme

The Watch List is just what I needed, fantastic addition. Just one little thing to make it absolutely perfect ..... would it be possible to add the amounts waiting to be backed and layed for each selection?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sprinter wrote:For example, I would like to work on the half time score markets, but just for premier league and bundesliga. At the moment, the only way to do this is to search for half time score, add all themarkets, and then manually keep the ones I want. For some reason "premier" and "half time score" or any similar combination produces no results.
Are you using the AND keyword in the search box?
If you try typing "premier AND half time score" on the search tab it may provide what you're looking for. For now the quickest way to add all of them to Guardian is to select the first market, then scroll to the last and Shift-Left-Mouse-Click the last market to select everything. Then just press Add.

A Select All context menu on the Search tab is a good idea. I'll feed that into the Development process.
sprinter

Yup, I've tried every variation I can think of regarding the AND keyword and qoutation marks. Both terms ontheir own show up plenty of results, but nothing in combination....
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Here's an image of the Guardian search window showing premiership half time score markets
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
herbie

bet angel have you turned your clock back or are you posting from the future?
Ethanol

Very cool... Would be good if we could save custom searches, to run at the start of each day. ;)
sprinter

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

I've got to do put the keywords in the *search* tab and not the *soccer* tab!!!

Thanks Peter! Appreciate it greatly!

Return to “Suggestions”