Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Safeway

[/quote]

What bet/trade did you place? What was the winning distance between 1st and 2nd?
[/quote]

It was a lay on 'Disappearance' which I should have traded out as things got pretty close. I can't say but the distance between 1st and 2nd must have been less than a length.......unless Disappearance did finish second and a post race decision caused the result to be changed.

On UK racing I probably would have answered my own question in minutes. If anybody knows of any free US result source which states the distances between runners at the finish that would be helpful to me when things like this happen!
Naffman

Safeway wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:42 am
What bet/trade did you place? What was the winning distance between 1st and 2nd?
[/quote]

It was a lay on 'Disappearance' which I should have traded out as things got pretty close. I can't say but the distance between 1st and 2nd must have been less than a length.......unless Disappearance did finish second and a post race decision caused the result to be changed.

On UK racing I probably would have answered my own question in minutes. If anybody knows of any free US result source which states the distances between runners at the finish that would be helpful to me when things like this happen!
[/quote]

Looking at the replay for you, the result was probably about a nose/short half head. ATR show most replays from the US.
Dabbla

Here's the vid, it looks like it took the race on the line.
https://www.attheraces.com/atrplayer-popout/VOD/1429048
jamesedwards

Safeway wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:08 am
Following a purple patch manually trading races with TPD I dropped a b#ll#ck last night! I can't quite work it out.

I can't find much info on Aqueduct 19:56. The declared winner 'Disappearance' was clearly 2nd on TPD. Yes...this does happen sometimes. The thing is, my usual 'final check' seemed to fail too unless my can of beer caused me to misread things....
Outsider looked beat against a favoured horse on the run-in but came again near the line and got a very lucky bob to win by a nose.

I've been trading TPD for several years and it's definitely not accurate enough to be playing on the line. You'll just get picked off at potentially very costly odds whenever TPD get it wrong.
Safeway wrote:
If anybody knows of any free US result source which states the distances between runners at the finish that would be helpful to me when things like this happen!
I use the instant charts here https://www.brisnet.com/product/race-results/INC

You need to sign-up but it's free.

Capture 6.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
conduirez

gstar1975 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:26 am
Safeway wrote:
Following a purple patch manually trading races with TPD I dropped a b#ll#ck last night! I can't quite work it out.

I can't find much info on Aqueduct 19:56. The declared winner 'Disappearance' was clearly 2nd on TPD. Yes...this does happen sometimes. The thing is, my usual 'final check' seemed to fail too unless my can of beer caused me to misread things....

Was there a post-race decision by officials?

It won't get my money back but I like knowing what happened when something odd occurs if it did.

Have a good day all.

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/rac ... 4-claiming

checkout the SP book % overround is 160% on the results page, there was a Non runner not sure if that impacted anything. Original Fav NR.
This is another source, the distances are the fin column

https://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDF ... E=4&BorP=B
Safeway

Thanks guys for that very helpful information. The result sources certainly filling a gap for me.

Looking back, I certainly had a lapse of concentration on Saturday night. I think I was concentrating on the wrong horse having recently decided to rank the runners by number. A good idea I think but you do have to get used to it and a beer don't help :!:

TPD may well be out on who exactly is the winner or leading in the final stage but what absolutely amazes me is the accuracy by which you can judge the winner from the one click screen when there is no offered back price on a horse. Nothing new I know, I've used it as a check for years but when we're coming to a situation where a horse wins by a nose, where is the wisdom coming from? Does god use Betfair?
Bobajob

Safeway wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:20 am
Thanks guys for that very helpful information. The result sources certainly filling a gap for me.

Looking back, I certainly had a lapse of concentration on Saturday night. I think I was concentrating on the wrong horse having recently decided to rank the runners by number. A good idea I think but you do have to get used to it and a beer don't help :!:

TPD may well be out on who exactly is the winner or leading in the final stage but what absolutely amazes me is the accuracy by which you can judge the winner from the one click screen when there is no offered back price on a horse. Nothing new I know, I've used it as a check for years but when we're coming to a situation where a horse wins by a nose, where is the wisdom coming from? Does god use Betfair?
but when we're coming to a situation where a horse wins by a nose, where is the wisdom coming from?
Drones or trackside.
Safeway is to 'green up' or 'close trade' otherwise you are gambling and you need a big bank for when you drop a b#ll#ck
decomez6

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:46 pm

Outsider looked beat against a favoured horse on the run-in but came again near the line and got a very lucky bob to win by a nose.
I've been trading TPD for several years and it's definitely not accurate enough to be playing on the line. You'll just get picked off at potentially very costly odds whenever TPD get it wrong.

Capture 6.PNG
Instant update?
ahead of the final result ( partial market suspension) on a photo finish 🤔.
Any hints where to get this kind of info?
Thinking of track / drone services , worth it ?
Cheers 😃 👍
lotora

Delays at Pontefract
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

Safeway wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:20 am
I focussed on US racing full time for 4 years and made good money trading just off standard pics. I moved to UK racing last year for a better lifestyle. If I was trading that race I would have bet the winner in the last 25 yards as it came again and I would have bet it again as it crossed the line if the market stayed open long enough. I would have been 100% confident that it had got up in the photo. Once you get to know the tracks, the camera angles, the jockeys etc it gets easier to pick out the value.
Bobajob wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:22 am
Drones or trackside.
There are no drone pics at US tracks that I am aware of, and I doubt any sustained tracksiding. I doubt it would be worth the investment due to massive cost of travel (distance between tracks) and liquid thin markets.
jamesedwards

decomez6 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:11 am
jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:46 pm

Capture 6.PNG
Instant update?
ahead of the final result ( partial market suspension) on a photo finish 🤔.
Any hints where to get this kind of info?
Thinking of track / drone services , worth it ?
Cheers 😃 👍
Not sure what you mean? My link was for a US racing results service. They call them 'instant charts' but in reality they normally take about 20 mins to come through, which isn't bad considering the amount of info they hold.
decomez6

jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:37 pm

Not sure what you mean? My link was for a US racing results service. They call them 'instant charts' but in reality they normally take about 20 mins to come through, which isn't bad considering the amount of info they hold.
Not bad at all!
Thanks.
You ve answered the question on tracksiders and drones. Which I think is the missing Link between TPD and final price movements.
Cheers.
jamesedwards

decomez6 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:39 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:37 pm

Not bad at all!
Thanks.
I mean when the market is suspended and briefly opened pending photo-finish decision.
I ve had instances where my selection was about to loose even though TPD data is showing them as a potential winner.
I would then jump on the opposing selection that's shortening in price and hence reduce my loss .
I consider this a 50/50 , Just following the price blindly hoping it goes my way. always thought of drone and track siders as the one with info that's truly driving the prices. May be their services, used along side TPD, could increase confidence in determining who is the final winner , help the trader stake high and maximize on the opportunity
Was wondering if you know of any site /paid or unpaid that offers such services.
Cheers.
The UK racing markets are a complicated mix of many factors:

Tracksiders have a latency advantage for things like slow starts, fallers, and close finishes.
Drone players have the angle advantage, ideal for the final couple of furlongs.
BF Live players have production/quality advantage for pre-race activity, in-play race-reading, expert commentary, slo-mo finish replays etc.
TPD players have the advantage of data, ideal for picking out value in the second half of the race, especially in larger fields.

You need to identify and leverage your advantage.
greenmark

What happened at pontefract?
decomez6

THANK you James :)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”