"Fat finger" automation rule

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
mklim_irlpl

Hello. Did any of you make profitable "fat finger" automation rule? What settings and parameters would you recommend?
mklim_irlpl

Peter Webb has created the following automation rule:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOmK7dQqnR4

I changed the settings a little bit. Today i ran it in the practice mode and it shows high profits.

What settings do you use?
MichaelF

Hi mklim_irlp

I have set up an automation rule similar to Peter Webb's setting but it records a loss on nearly every race in AUS and GBR racing.

What settings do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.
mklim_irlpl

Hi, actually my "automation rule" made profit in practice mode, not in the live mode. Now I started learning prerace trading, that is very challanging and competitive.
LeTiss

Are you placing a 'fill or kill' time on it?

Peter's example is great if there is a cock up and a price moves 20 ticks within 60secs, but setting traps 20 ticks away & just leaving it, exposes you when there is a genuine price movement
mklim_irlpl

I didn't place 'fill or kill' time on it.

I'm going to try different times for "'fill or kill' in the "automation rule" on monday markets.
LinusP

Another way to make money from this is to take advantage of the chaos that is caused when a runner is withdrawn, BUT with this you need to keep the bets which is risky if not cancelled before the off.
QuietShout

I copied the FF automation from the video, been fiddling around with it for two days. I have to admit defeat here I think, I can see the sense in it, just can't make it work. Peter has said he runs it all day long, so there must be a way to make it work. Can I have a clue please?

:D
Dallas

QuietShout wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:05 pm
I copied the FF automation from the video, been fiddling around with it for two days. I have to admit defeat here I think, I can see the sense in it, just can't make it work. Peter has said he runs it all day long, so there must be a way to make it work. Can I have a clue please?

:D
This type of rule may only trigger once every few days (depending on settings used) as your basically waiting for someone to make a mistake/mis-click, you could test its working right just by setiing it up to catch small price spikes then adjust it so it only catches those FF moments
ShaunWhite

I run a fairly basic spike catcher. It positions orders x ticks above and below current price. If the market moves away from an order, the order gets moved to be the same distance away again. If the market moves towards the order it will stay in place for x seconds before getting repositioned x ticks away again. If an order is matched it will green up quite quickly. All with std Guardian automation.

How often it fires depends on the setting for the distance from current price and I don't use it while I'm manually trading a market.

It's not exactly an ATM but it pays for the tea and biscuits....just.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”