Today's Tennis

Nero Tulip

It's 1.01 nothing to do with betangel, as it's working fine with ATP stuff, and even if that was down i'd still have non betangel issues as a very strong favourite. betfair and BA share the same feed, as far as I know it comes to betfair, who then send it out on the API.

what is curious is that is it all WTA, including lower tier tournaments. so it's not like it's a single tournament either, it's tournaments in at least 3 different locations.

hoping it's some technical issue somewhere and not a dropping of the license, which would be terrible news. clearly the data is still running i think for the usual fast feed people that don't get it from betfair.
Dallas

Just catching up with this now

Nero Tulip is just about spot on, the issue will be with the feed provider but so far we've not been given any details on the reason or estimated fix time.
Bet Angel does use the same feed provider as Betfair, however it comes directly from the court (rather than routed through BF)

Fingers crossed it'll be sorted by tomorrow but if we get any updates me or Peter will post a message here
Nero Tulip

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:12 pm

Nero Tulip is just about spot on, the issue will be with the feed provider but so far we've not been given any details on the reason or estimated fix time.
Bet Angel does use the same feed provider as Betfair, however it comes directly from the court (rather than routed through BF)

Fingers crossed it'll be sorted by tomorrow but if we get any updates me or Peter will post a message here
Oh that's interesting Dallas, thanks for that. I always thought BA's feed was via Betfair's API, as I seem to remember there being some sort of 350ms imposed delay, which I presumed was Betfair... but it's actually one BA has licensed directly ?
lotora

Nero Tulip wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:51 pm
Dallas wrote:

Oh that's interesting Dallas, thanks for that. I always thought BA's feed was via Betfair's API, as I seem to remember there being some sort of 350ms imposed delay, which I presumed was Betfair... but it's actually one BA has licensed directly ?
So that means there's no reason to contact Betfair when it's not working, right?
Derek27

Dallas wrote:

Does the feed come from courtside to the BA client or is it routed via a Bet Angel server and then onto the client?
Dallas

Nero Tulip wrote:
Dallas wrote:

It may have been the case in the past I'm not quite sure myself on the history of it, I just know that currently the feed to BA plugs directly into the courts official scoring

EDIT; I just wanted to updated this after double checking and can confirm Nero Tulip is correct that the tennis scores do come via the Betfair API
But it's not the same API as the regular market data comes from, they have a separate one just for the tennis feed and that is what BA now plugs into
Dallas

lotora wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:54 pm
Nero Tulip wrote:
Dallas wrote:

So that means there's no reason to contact Betfair when it's not working, right?
Not when its missing from both no
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:07 pm
Dallas wrote:

Does the feed come from courtside to the BA client or is it routed via a Bet Angel server and then onto the client?
I'm not 100% TBH, but I'd assume it goes straight to the client, all data from Betfair is between the client computer and BF's server, none it routed via BA's servers

Edit; After getting the clarification in my reply just above it means the answer here is direct between between the BF API and client computer
Nero Tulip

Eyes on this today to see if it's back or not. I don't remember the last time I saw something like yesterday, has me concerned as I don't want to have to watch extremely boring men's tennis :roll: :mrgreen:
Nero Tulip

Scorefeed is gone. Not there again in the Sasno / Samson match, sad times.
lotora

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:16 pm
lotora wrote:
Nero Tulip wrote:

This match has live scores on Betfair, but not on BA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nero Tulip

lotora wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:15 am
Dallas wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:16 pm
lotora wrote:

This match has live scores on Betfair, but not on BA
That is odd. Don't know if @Dallas can escalate this to someone ? not sure who, the big cheese perhaps ? Does Peter like cheese ? :mrgreen:
Nero Tulip

Have resorted to manual inputting points into model like it's 2007. :( :(

..it could be something as simple as a name change in the data... could explain why WTA is affected and not ATP, probably best case scenario.
suikchung3

Nero Tulip wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:18 am

..it could be something as simple as a name change in the data... could explain why WTA is affected and not ATP, probably best case scenario.
oh how?
How can I manual inputting points?
suikchung3

suikchung3 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:42 pm
Nero Tulip wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:18 am

oh how?
How can I manual inputting points?
oh you mean tennis trader.
Yeah even if you edit it, it doesn't shown on guardian thus have no effect on rules/triggers

Return to “Tennis Trading”