How smart is automation?

A place to discuss anything.
mancbrady

Question if anyone can help.

Is it possible for betangel automation to up stakes on each horse race as the day goes.
E.g., I would like to cover all races and if the first race runs and the selection loses, the next race the automation will up the stakes automatically to a set figure? I would like this to continue until a race selection returns a profit and then I would like to automation to cease or return stake to zero so no more trades are placed.

Is this possible or is that too much info for automation?
Derek27

imageproxy.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:23 pm
imageproxy.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mancbrady wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:40 pm
Question if anyone can help.

Is it possible for betangel automation to up stakes on each horse race as the day goes.
E.g., I would like to cover all races and if the first race runs and the selection loses, the next race the automation will up the stakes automatically to a set figure? I would like this to continue until a race selection returns a profit and then I would like to automation to cease or return stake to zero so no more trades are placed.

Is this possible or is that too much info for automation?
"Stop at a Profit" with 'Martingale' loss recovery! Don't do it until you have searched and read the comments in the forum on Martingale and make an 'informed decision'!
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:04 am
...and make an 'informed decision'!
:lol: :lol: Very diplomatic!
ShaunWhite

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:04 am
"Stop at a Profit" with 'Martingale' loss recovery!
That should be called a 'Chimera'
...according to Greek mythology, it was a monstrous fire-breathing hybrid creature composed of the parts of more than one animal.
;)
mancbrady

Hi guys

Yeah I’ve done quite a bit of research on martingale staking and seen it on quite a lot of test and nearly all of the time it leads to the poor house as it will blow a bank fast. Trust me, I ain’t one to blow my money away so easily.

But, I would like to know if the automation can do what I asked as I would like to try something out.

Thanks
decomez6

mancbrady wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:15 am

Trust me, I ain’t one to blow my money away so easily.

"in LUCK we trust and you probably loose enough to learn something profitable" :D

nevertheless here are the keys to the devil's kitchen .... shaun and derek just left the room holding the dragon's head :lol:
so be carefull the beast can still strike with a spiky tail

1. you need to store each runner P&L
store P&L.PNG

2. export all stored values
export all stored values.PNG

3. re- introduce the values into the next market using the saved file
set a stored value usin a file.PNG

NB: i ve not done it before and unless you are guaranteed a match for any bet you place make sure to take sp.

otherwise enjoy the famous ride to NO mans land. ( there is probably better ways to do it )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

How smart is OP?
firlandsfarm

decomez6 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:38 am
1. you need to store each runner P&L
store P&L.PNG

2. export all stored values
export all stored values.PNG

3. re- introduce the values into the next market using the saved file
set a stored value usin a file.PNG
Nice flow from decomez6 but you would still need to get the race result into the fold. One approximation would be to look for a 1.01 runner but that is not 100% perfect because not all 1.01 runners win and not all winners fall to 1.01. You can check that out historically by quizzing the downloadable BSP files from Betfair.

BTW to my mind any form of loss recovery is Martingale in principle. It all works fine until you get the totally unexpected long run of losers and watch your stakes increase exponentially. Believe me, I and many others on here have done it!
mancbrady

Thanks for the info so far guys
gazuty

See viewtopic.php?p=265873#p265873

And dwell on the section “Loss recovery, martingale, gambler’s fallacy”
Anbell

mancbrady wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:15 am
Yeah I’ve done quite a bit of research on martingale staking and seen it on quite a lot of test and nearly all of the time it leads to the poor house as it will blow a bank fast. Trust me, I ain’t one to blow my money away so easily.
"Nearly" means "except when I do it"?
decomez6

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:37 am
decomez6 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:38 am
Nice flow from decomez6

BTW to my mind any form of loss recovery is Martingale in principle. It all works fine until you get the totally unexpected long run of losers and watch your stakes increase exponentially. Believe me, I and many others on here have done it!
thanks firlandsfarm , the learning curve is getting flatter but i feel there is alot more to BA than meets the eye.

mancbrady might have a way of collecting alot of outliers from different trading approaches and is attempting a long term approach to trading .
may be quarterly just like all businesses

#who knows # -ve EV is in the eyes of the beholder
light bulb noise.gif
Kai

Very disappointed with the negative replies, if OP wants to make a sizeable donation to the market I fully support his decision.
decomez6

:lol: :lol:
he is probably waiting for your fomo

Return to “General discussion”